ii. old habits

sanctum; ❛ HOMECOMING ❜↷ the hundred❝ at least he was happy ❞

↷ the hundred
❝ at least he was happy ❞

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

The Suns were up and the tensions were still pretty high. Gabriella did not remember the last time that somebody spoke up since she decided that it was safer for them to skip sleeping that night. Nobody complained either and she was not surprised because she doubted that anybody could actually fall asleep after what happened to Shaw.

"What kind of people have a radiation fence?" Emori finally spoke up as they scanned the land beneath them.

Clarke's voice was tired when she responded. "The kind of people that want to keep something out."

"Beacon should be right up ahead." Bellamy sighed and nudged Gabriella with a hand on her lower back to make her start walking. Slowly, she started walking again with him glued to her side while the others followed.

"What are we gonna tell Raven?" Clarke asked, being the first one with enough guts to speak up about the tragedy that happened a few hours prior.

It was no secret that Raven was the only person who actually had a connection with Shaw. Plus, he was clearly in love with her even if she refused to see it that way. They were friends. And Raven was terrible at dealing with loss.

Bellamy swallowed. "He died a hero."

"And I will tell Raven what happened." Wells added, both his face and voice emotionless. "I don't want any of you to utter a single word to her about it before I tell her everything."

"Look." Murphy sighed from behind them, grimacing at Wells' passive aggressive behavior that was coming out of nowhere. "I do hate to make this about us, but ── "

Clarke was quick to sharply cut him off, "Then don't. Shaw just saved your life, Murphy."

"I'm aware. I'm also aware that we just lost our pilot." Murphy said and shrugged, "Madi is still up there. You're not worried you're never gonna see her again?"

The Griffin turned around and aggressively pushed him back.

"Woah, woah, woah." Miller surprised them by grabbing her forearm to stop her from punching him. "Easy! Easy, easy. Ignore him."

Murphy lifted his chin up, unfazed by Clarke's outburst, and gave Miller a challenging look. "Your Red Queen is still up there, too, Miller. Who are you gonna follow now?"

Gabriella huffed when Miller grabbed him by the collar. If they were planning to act the same way that she and Bellamy had when they first landed on Earth, then they were going to get nowhere. They were not seventeen anymore. They had to get their shit together before another person died.

"Hey. Hey! Miller." Bellamy exclaimed, making his former second in command falter. "As therapeutic as it is to beat up on Murphy, Gabi can fly."

Gabriella blinked when all eyes turned to her. She rolled her eyes and deadpanned, "Why are you guys acting like I never flew a ship before? I'm no Raven but I'm still the smartest person here."