viii. you're my achillies heel

nevermind; ❛ HOMECOMING ❜❝ This body is not big enough forboth of us ❞

❝ This body is not big enough for
both of us ❞

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Gabriella knew that she could not sit next to that radio forever. Eventually, she left the tent and started walking around the dropship camp.

It was creepy, in a way. Her surroundings looked so similar to the camp that she and the hundred set up when they landed on Earth for the first time all those years ago. Her tent was exactly where it was. The same went for Bellamy's, Clarke's, Finn's, Jasper and Monty's...

Despite the similarities, Gabriella was still sure that she was not there. She knew that planet Earth was gone and that the dropship camp was destroyed during the end of the world. Her body was safe on planet Alpha while her mind was in her safe place during the most peaceful time in her life.

She walked right past her tent and walked into the biggest one which belonged to Bellamy. She felt stupid when she walked inside and realized that he was not inside. A part of her hoped he would be even though she knew it was impossible. Even if he were there then he would just be a figment of her imagination.

Gabriella desperately needed some sort of comfort. The last time she was isolated from people was when she was in the sky-boy. She never took being alone well. When she had no people to talk to and nothing to do, she tended to overthink, and her mind would wander into a dark place, she tried to find an occupation while no voices were coming from the radio.

She looked around the tent and her eyes immediately landed on the blue t-shirt on top of his makeshift bed. She swallowed and hesitantly picked it up. She lifted it to her nose and breathed in the smell, closing her eyes. Gabriella let out a pained and tired scream and threw the fabric onto the floor. An exhausted sob escaped her lips and she threw herself onto the bed. The palms of her hands covered her face as she cried into them.

She had no idea how to get out of her mind and back into her actual body. Everyone thought that she was dead and that meant she could only rely on herself for help.

Gabriella finally gave herself time to cry for a few minutes after ignoring the fact that she was basically dead for a while. Then, she used the fabric covering the bed to dry her wet cheeks. She sniffled and sat up. Her eyes landed on the makeshift table on the opposite side of the tent. Her eyebrows furrowed in confusion once she realized that there were countless books scattered across the table.

She jumped to her feet to check them out. She had no idea Bellamy even possessed any books before The Ark landed on Earth. When she got closer, she realized that all of the books looked the same. The covers were blue and they were all very thick.

Gabriella picked up the one at the top and her eyes widened when the first page had a picture of Bellamy hugging her after he and the others went to get her and Raven before the world ended. "You are a fucking idiot." He muttered into her hair. She turned the page with wide eyes and saw her and Bellamy saying goodbye to Octavia moments later. "I love both of you. I guess it takes the end of the world for me to say it." Then, a picture of her and Bellamy arguing after that conversation. "Your heart stopped, Gabi...You died in my arms! You don't understand that if you died; you wouldn't be the one that would have to deal with the pain. I would! Raven, Octavia, Wells, Jasper and everyone else who loves you would!"