i. begin again

sanctum; ❛ HOMECOMING ❜↷ the hundred❝ we get our humanity back ❞

↷ the hundred
❝ we get our humanity back ❞

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Gabriella's face was blank as she rewatched Monty and Harper's tape. They woke up Jasper, Raven, Wells, Murphy, Echo, Emori, Shaw, Clarke and Abby so they could be the first ones to know that Earth was gone, along with Harper and Monty.

Whispers of "May we meet again." filled the room when the video was over.

Bellamy gave Gabriekla's shoulder a squeeze before he spoke up, "I know this is a lot to process. Take an hour and meet in the mess. We need to game this out."

"Guys, we survived. Monty made sure of it." Clarke added.

"Now we get our humanity back."

Raven looked at Abby with angry tears in her eyes and spat out, "Some of us never lost it."

She grabbed her backpack and brushed past Gabriella and Bellamy to storm out of the room. Wells let out a quiet sigh and started making his way after.

How were they supposed to start over, be the good guys and get their humanity back when they were always at each other's throats. There was always going to be a reason for them to start fighting which will lead to everyone else suffering too.

Since the video started playing, Gabriella did not take her eyes off of Jasper. She noticed the fact that he didn't even look surprised. Was he sad? Yes, he was devastated. But a part of her thought that Monty told him that they were not going to sleep.

"I'm gonna take a walk." Jasper spoke up and offered them a forced smile, "I'll be back later."

Gabriella stared after him with clear hesitation. His nonchalance was obviously fake. He just lost his brother and him being alone was not a good idea. She was probably the only person there who was at least half as close to Monty as he was. But she still chose to talk to him later.

He had the tendency to lash out when he was dealing with grief so he needed a few minutes alone.

-

"There you are." Jordan greeted Clarke with a smile when she walked back into the room, "Checking on Madi?"

She nodded, "Yeah."

Gabriella looked up from her plate of algae to see Jordan hand Clarke her own bowl.

"My dad preserved this for when we woke up." Jordan explained, "I'm told it doesn't taste very good, but since it's all I've ever eaten ── "

"Thanks." Clarke cut him off and gave him a thankful nod.

Gabriella let out a short sigh and tuned out the rest of their conversation in order to keep eating the "food" in front of her. It tasted terribly but it was the only thing other than Jordan that reminded them of Monty.