vii. the ultimate betrayal

memento mori;❛ HOMECOMING ❜ ↷ the hundred❝ she's not just your first love, you know? ❞

memento mori;
❛ HOMECOMING ❜ ↷ the hundred
❝ she's not just your first love, you know? ❞

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

They say your life flashes before your eyes when you die. That was what Gabriella thought was happening.

She was never really sentimental. She tried to keep personal belongings around as long as possible because she needed something to remain with her after moving around so much. She had her Iliad and the knife that she had since The Ark. The blonde did not care much for the objects in general (there were plenty of knives around and she already knew the Iliad by heart).

Because she was stuck in her own head, she only had her memories remaining. It made her realize that nothing else mattered.

Gabriella never thought much about the guy who she had her first kiss with. It was not a special moment that she was going to treasure forever and think about during her many sleepless nights. It was sloppy and awkward and the guy's breath stank. She felt like she was kissing a fish. The kiss happened the first time she went to a party at fourteen. She got drunk, ditched Clarke and Wells who went home a long time ago, and found a guy who was a little too old for her. She knew who he was but, now, she barely remembered his name.

She remembered her last kiss, though. The blonde was lying on Bellamy's chest and got up to get a glass of water. He placed his hand on the back of her head to pull her in for a goodbye kiss even though he thought that she would only be gone for a couple of minutes. It felt domestic. His lips were soft and the kiss was short.

It would not be a memorable kiss in any other situation because, at that moment, she thought that there were going to be plenty more kisses similar to that one.

Now, she was as good as dead.

She had been listening to Josephine's conversation with Murphy for the last hour and felt like her heart was breaking. Murphy betrayed her plenty of times but him siding with the woman who sneaked into her head and took over her life? That was a new low.

Gabriella saw his reaction when Josephine hinted that she had something to do with Bellamy missing. There was genuine anger in his eyes. Despite their long-term feud before the end of the world, the two of them became as close as brothers.

"I swear to God, if you killed him..."

"I didn't. But I will if I have to."

"You don't get it." Murphy scoffed. "If Bellamy knows that she is dead, then all of this is for nothing. He may as well just kill himself now."

He could not even say her fucking name. Coward. Gabriella never really thought about it but she realized that Bellamy always loved her far more than Murphy did. She had been a very forgiving person over the years but what Murphy did to get with Josephine was the ultimate betrayal.