Chapter Eleven

For Park

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

        “So when do you boys have to head home?” John asks, sitting down a plate of toast and eggs in front of Stiles before ruffling his hair affectionately. Stiles beams at him before digging into his food, and Derek pinches his toe that was in his lap. John's wife, Melissa, had already went into work. She was a nurse, and Derek had instantly liked her.

“Well, my spring break is over Monday so tomorrow?” Derek says, and he catches the brief pout on Stiles' face. Stiles was enjoying spending time with his father, and Derek was too. John was an amazing person, and Derek knew his boyfriend wasn't ready to leave. John has the same sad look on his face that doesn't pass from his face as soon as it does Stiles'. “But, if that's okay, we would like to stay here until then.” Derek says, and John nods his head.

“I'd like that.” John says, taking a seat next to Stiles to sip his coffee. Stiles turns his head to peak at the cup, and John looks at him curiously.

“You like coffee, Dad?” Stiles asks, and John beams at being called "Dad" and he nods his head. “Derek doesn't like coffee but Lydia does and so does Scott so we have it at the apartment. Danny, that's my tutor, he likes tea.” Stiles tells him,and John nods his head as he listens to him.

“Who are Scott and Lydia?” John asks, and Stiles is busy eating so Derek answers.

“Scott is my little brother who is dating Isaac who was raised with Stiles.” Derek tells him, and Stiles nods his head in agreement while John tries to make sense of it. “Lydia is the granddaughter of the man who took Stiles and made him a hybrid.” Derek admits, and John' s face takes on an almost angry look while Derek tries to keep talking. “She found us to apologize.” Derek tells him.

“What happened to the man that created them?” John asks, and Derek makes sure that Stiles is too busy to pay attention to them.

“He died.” Derek tells him, and John has a look of satisfaction on his face while Stiles plays with his tail. Derek knows that Stiles was aware that the Professor was dead, but Stiles didn't like talking about death so he doesn't like to bring it up in random conversations.

“Well, boys. I've got to head to work. We'll go out to eat tonight.” John says, and Derek smiles at him. Stiles jumps out of his seat to hug John tightly, he still had issues with understanding that-like when Derek went to school-John is coming home at the end of the day. “I'll see you later, kiddo.” John says, and Stiles beams at him.

“Will miss you.” Stiles tells him, and John smiles at him. Derek claps John on the back once before going to take his food to the kitchen, and Stiles follows him after John leaves. It had been a great few days, and Derek almost didn't want to leave. Stiles was getting along so well with his father that Derek didn't want to take him back home. Even though Stiles and Derek lived only about three hours away, they would only be able to come visit once a month. “Derek? Did not kiss me good morning.” Stiles says, shyly.

Derek chuckles softly before kissing Stiles' puffed out lips once before going to make sure that the food was put away. Stiles chases after him again to wrap his arms around him, along with his tail, and Derek turns to kiss his lips. “Sorry, baby.” Derek says, kissing Stiles' cheek once more before going back to washing the dishes.

“I like it here.” Stiles tells him, hopping on the counter to watch Derek wash the dishes. Derek hums once before focusing fully on washing the dishes.

“How would you like to stay here?” Derek asks, and Stiles' face lights up.

“Really?!” Stiles squeaks, and Derek gives him a sad smile. He wants Stiles to be with him always, but if Stiles wants to stay with his father then he won't make him stay with him. Stiles' tail is flapping with happiness, and Derek smiles at him before going back to wash the dishes. “I would love to be with my dad and my Derek.” Stiles says, and Derek bites his lip.