Chapter Four

Derek wakes up to the sun shining in his eyes, and Stiles' tail twitching against his bare stomach. Derek smiles at his now boyfriend fondly before running his hand up and down Stiles' arm. Stiles' nose twitches in his sleep, and he holds on to Derek tighter while his eyes flutter with dreams. Derek has the sudden urge to pee, so he gently scoots Stiles off of him to run to the bathroom and brush his teeth.

Derek gets ready to go back to bed, he probably won't be able to fall back asleep though, but a knock on his door takes him to his living room. He looks out of the peak hole to see Isaac, and he grins before opening the door. "Isaac." Derek says as a way of greeting, and his best friend smiles at him.

"Hey, Der, I just wanted to do some studying here before I go to work." Isaac tells him, and Derek smiles. Isaac lives with his adoptive sister and her boyfriend, and he likes to spend most of his weekends at Derek's to give them some time alone.

"Erica kick you out?" Derek says, referring to Isaac's sister. Isaac smiles at him without answering, and Derek knows that Erica would do nothing of that sort. Derek isn't sure exactly when Isaac was adopted, but he figures it is impolite to ask.

"You know my sister. Want to study A&P with me?" Isaac asks, and Derek groans before nodding. He had forgotten he had a quiz in that class Monday, and he does need to study.

"Yeah, let me get my book out of my room." Derek says, and he walks quietly to his room. He quickly get his book and notes before watching Stiles for a second. Stiles is curled into a ball with his head mushed into Derek's pillow. His tail is curled over his face, and Derek brushes it out of his face just long enough to kiss the edge of Stiles' mouth. Stiles sighs in sleep, and Derek goes back to Isaac after closing the door softly.

"So I think I've got down the respiratory system, but I have no idea what's going on with the endocrine system." Isaac says, looking at his notes.

"Our quiz is over the endocrine system this week." Derek points out, and Isaac groans. They are studying about thirty minutes in comfortable silence when they both hear the toilet flush before they hear the sound of the sink running.

"Do I finally get to meet the mystery boyfriend?" Isaac says, with a grin.

"Looks like it." Derek says, and he waits for Stiles to come out so he can explain to his friend why his boyfriend has ears and a tail.

"Do not like waking up without my Derek." Stiles whines, rubbing his eyes to get rid of sleep. Derek smiles at him fondly before turning towards Isaac.

"Isaac, this is-" Derek begins.

"Stiles!" Isaac yells, and Stiles snaps his neck up to look when he hears his name. His eyes go instantly to Isaac and he makes an unholy noise of delight. Isaac throws his things from his lap, and drags Derek's boyfriend in a painful looking hug. "I missed you so much." Derek hears Isaac mumble.

"Isaac. Isaac. Isaac." Stiles is rambling, and Derek is completely lost.

"You two know each other?" Derek questions when he finds his voice. Stiles looks at him when he hears Derek speak, and he lets go of Isaac to rub his face into Derek's shoulder.

"Isaac is my friend." Stiles says, happily and Isaac is just staring wide eyed at them both.

"Wait. You're friends?" Derek says, and Stiles nods his head happily. "Baby, why don't you go get breakfast?" Derek says, and Stiles nods.

"Kiss?" Stiles says, shyly and Derek kisses him on the lips before Stiles wonders into the kitchen while blushing.

"Isaac." Derek says, gently and Isaac snaps his head up to look at him. "How do you know Stiles?" Derek asks, carefully and Isaac sighs before reaching into his hair to pull out some bobby pins. After he does, two perfectly symmetrical cat ears appear.