Chapter Sixteen

*Okay, which one of you didn't tell me it's been three months since I've updated by baby? Ugh!*

What the hell did you pack?" Isaac grunts, dropping a box on the ground. The loud noise scares Park, the little creature yips at him in annoyance, and Derek turns his head to look at him. "Rocks? Bricks made of silver? Rocks infused with cement?" Isaac pants, and Derek opens the box to show him the box of books and photo albums. "Oh." Isaac says, and Derek chuckles as he picks up the box to get it out of the way. "This place looks good, I guess? Kind of messy." Isaac says, panting softly as he goes to sit down on the couch.

"Well, it's a bit difficult to make time to get settled when I work twelve hour days for five or six times a week." Derek says, and Isaac nods his head as he looks around. Stiles is in the kitchen, putting all of their things away just like it was in their apartment despite the new kitchen being bigger, and Derek can see his tongue sticking out of his mouth as he concentrates on the task. Derek smiles at him softly while he turns to look for his brother, but Scott's still at work so Derek figures this is a good time to bring up something he's being meaning to talk about with Isaac. "So what's the deal with asking Scott to marry you? Are you doing it or not?" Derek asks him, and Isaac gives him a dirty look.

Isaac itches at his cat ears, they flicker to give away his discomfort, and Derek is about to apologize when Isaac sighs to himself. "I talked about it with my dad and he doesn't like Scott." Isaac admits, and Derek turns his head to look at him.

"What the hell is wrong with Scott? Why doesn't your dad like my brother?" Derek demands to know, and Isaac sighs as he lays against the couch. Derek wants to know why Isaac's dad, he's only met him once or twice despite being on friendly terms with Isaac's older sister and her husband, and Isaac huffs.

"Dad thinks he's not good enough for me. He doesn't have an education past high school and he worked in a diner until we moved here and now he works as a receptionist for a vet. I make in a week what he makes in a month, not that money in important to me, but Dad thinks that he's taking advantage of me." Isaac sighs, and Derek feels a wave of anger crawl in his belly at that. "I don't think he is. I love Scott, with all of me, but it's going to be hard if my dad doesn't approve. He took me in when I ran away from the professor, I want him to like my husband." Isaac sighs, and he looks at his best friend.

Derek doesn't say anything for a minute, he's always had John and Melissa's approval and he knows that it means a lot to Scott to have Mr. Reyes like him, and Talia has always loved Stiles. Then again it's hard not to love Stiles, Derek dares anyone to try, and Isaac looks at him with his eyes soft and wide as if he's preparing to be scolded. "Isaac, if you love Scott than nothing should stand in your way. You want to marry him, ask him." Derek says, and Isaac sighs as he nods his head while he looks at his best friend.

"My Derek! All done with kitchen! Lots of empty room!" Stiles calls, walking into the room with his tail wagging happily but it stops when he reads Isaac's face. "Isaac? What is wrong? You look sad!" Stiles says, pouting as he sits down next to him. Isaac smiles at him while he looks at him and Stiles wraps his tail around himself as he leans against him with a happy purr trying to make him feel better. "Don't be sad!" Stiles says, and Derek smiles at him.

"I'm not sad, Stiles. Don't worry." Isaac says, scratching at Stiles's ears making the fox hybrid purr as he smiles at him while he sighs to himself. "I just need to think about it more." Isaac says, talking to Derek. Stiles gives him a questioning look, but he doesn't say anything else to him as he enjoys having his ears scratched. Derek gives his best friend a questioning look, but he's not going to rush his friend or his brother. He'll just enjoy the time that he has with his boyfriend and the life that they're starting together.