Chapter Twenty

"I'm not sure that this is a good idea." Derek says, for what feels like the millionth time. He's looking at the baby, he's a weird mixture of a wolf and a fox, which Peter is holding in his arms. Peter doesn't seem to know that he's holding a baby and not Park, he just keeps petting the baby's tail, and Stiles makes a noise as he reads over the instructions on the formula box while he stands by the dishwasher. "He doesn't even have a name yet." Derek says, and Stiles gives him a look of surprise like he couldn't believe that they didn't give the baby a name yet.

"He needs a name, my Derek!" Stiles says, walking over to lift up the baby from Peter's arms. "Sorry, Peter. Look at his little face. Needs a good name." Stiles says, cooing at the same infant while he looks at him. Derek is a little surprised that the baby hasn't even cried yet, granted Derek's mother showed him how to do everything not that he needed it since he knows how to take care of babies since he does have a degree in it but it's not really the same as actually doing it. "You should name him. You found him. Give him a sweet name. Like Pine. Or Yule. Or River." Stiles says, looking at the baby that curls into him while he babbles to himself.

"So Pine? Like the tree?" Derek asks him, and Stiles nods his head as he rocks the baby in his arms while Park stretches up to sniff at the baby. Derek pushes him down and he smiles at him while he walks over to pick up the baby to get him a bottle to have. "What do want to name him?" Derek asks him. He doesn't really want to name the baby since he doesn't want to get attached if they have to give him back if they find his family, Derek doesn't think that he has a family and he's been trying to find Lydia or get a hold of her but she hasn't been answering his phone calls, and Stiles hums to himself as he thinks.

"I like Pine. It's different. Like Stiles. That's not my real name, but I like it. Dad likes it. I wish that he would have given that name to me; instead, of the Professor." Stiles says, and it's the first time that Stiles has ever mentioned something like that. It surprises Stiles but he doesn't say anything to him, but he does kiss his cheek. "I love my Derek and my baby. Can just call him Baby?" Stiles says, and Derek chuckles as he shakes his head.

"Everyone needs a name, Stiles. Pine is nice. Pine Stilinski." Derek tells him, and Stiles smiles at him widely while his tail curls around him and the baby. "I'm sure that he'll be glad that we named him. Even if he doesn't get to stay to with us." Derek says, his tone hinting heavily that they might not get to keep him. Stiles makes a face at him, he must not like the idea of having to leave him somewhere with him, and he breathes out with a soft sigh. "I know that you might not want to, but the best we can with the time that we have with him." Derek tells him, and Stiles nods his head.

"I know, my Derek, still. I wish he was ours. All ours." Stiles says, mumbling to himself while Derek smiles at him softly. "I did not think that I wanted children, but I want Baby Pine." Stiles says, nuzzling into the baby hybrid's cheek as he coos and chews on his fist. "Hold him while I make him a bottle." Stiles says, handing over the baby to Derek.

"Hello, kiddo." Derek says, holding the hybrid toddler. "You should be getting tired soon. You've been awake all day." Derek tells him, and Pine giggles as he moves his head to watch Park run around the living room. "Fox." Derek says, and Pine makes a loud noise as he tries to mock the noise that Derek made. "You hungry?" Derek asks him, sitting down next to Peter on the couch. The older man turns towards him before he stares intensely at Pine like he can't figure out what he is or what he's doing here, it's funny to him, and he rocks the baby in his arms as he looks at him.

Stiles walks back into the living room, cramming himself in between Peter and Derek, and he holds the bottle out like he's seen Derek and Talia do. "Yum." Stiles says, and Derek takes the bottle to feed the baby. "So cute." Stiles says, watching him drink the bottle while his tail wags like Pine's does. "He'll get sleepy now." Stiles adds on. "Talia said that he'll nap three or four times a day since he's growing up." Stiles adds on, and Derek nods his head. "I've been reading Derek's books." Stiles says, proudly and Derek smiles as he leans over to kiss his cheek sweetly since he knew that Stiles would take this seriously. Peter makes a humming noise as he reaches over to wipe off Pine's chubby cheek, and Stiles smiles at him while he watches the baby drinks the bottle. Pine pulls away from the bottle and he makes a loud noise of delight as he squirms to be put down so he can go investigate the box of toys that Talia and John got for him.