Chapter Twenty-Three

Derek takes a deep breath as looks around the room and he breathes out as he tries to concentrate at the people in the room. "It's just Trevor." Derek whispers to Stiles, and he looks at his hybrid holding the still sleeping baby in his arms. "Okay, baby. Stay here, okay? I'm going to take care of Trevor and then I'm going to come back for you." Derek says, and Stiles shakes his head rapidly as he digs his hand into his shirt.

"No, my Derek. Don't leave me." Stiles whines, and Derek shushes him as he listens to where he hears footsteps. Derek puts his hand over his mouth and he moves him to stand next to the door as it opens. Stiles tries his hardest not to make a sound, his hisses in the back of his throat, and Trevor turns towards him. "Get out!" Stiles growls at him, his ears pinning back as he hisses at him. Trevor rolls his eyes at him as he looks around, and Derek punches at him. Derek was expecting him to stagger or maybe fall to the ground, but he wasn't expecting to hear a sicken cracking noise as Trevor falls flat to the ground. "My Derek?" Stiles whispers, and Derek just stands in a sort of a stupor as he looks at Trevor.

"I broke his jaw." Derek says, softly. He looks at the man in front of him, listens to the sound of his heart beating, and he makes a face as he turns towards Stiles. He has claws, he thought it was dream that it wasn't real, and he stares at him as he feels Stiles dragging him up the stairs. "I just broke his jaw with one punch." Derek whispers, and Stiles shakes his head as he drags him towards the door as Derek looks around. "Wait. We can't let anyone find this." Derek says, looking around at all of the information. "How did he find these?" Derek says, and Stiles shakes his head as he drags him away. He just wants to leave with Pine and his Derek, and Derek grabs the papers within his reach as he tries to get his claws to go away.

"I do not care. I need to see my dad and Pine needs to be feed. We need to help Peter." Stiles says, wailing a little at the end at the memory of his friend on the floor. "Maybe Dad found Peter and he is okay." Stiles says, hugging Pine to him as they flee out of the house. Derek looks around and he has no idea where he is, and he breathes in deeply as he tries to calm down. He can't be scared, he can't let Pine or Stiles be afraid for him, and when he breathes in he catches the hint of something in the air. "Do you smell something?" Stiles asks him, sniffing the air as he tries to find whatever Derek has got a hold of.

"It smells like us." Derek says, sniffing again as his eyes turn from green to gold. Stiles watches him as he holds Pine, and he sniffs the air as he tries to trace the scent that Derek has caught. "If we follow it, then it'll lead us out of here." Derek says, taking his hand to lead him down the alleyway as he tries to find his way back. "I don't know where we are." Derek says, when they get to what looks like the main part of the town. It's night, the moon high in the sky but he can see clearly as if it's daytime, and he looks at Stiles. "We need to find somewhere to call John." Derek says, and he sniffs the air deeply as he tries to find his way around.

****

"How can there not be a trace? There is a shit ton of blood on the floor that could belong to my son! My son! Where is he?" Talia yells, slamming her fist down on the cabinet as she tries to relax. She can't lose her son and husband in her lifetime, she can't, and she turns her head when sees Peter growling at the paramedics. She doesn't have time to deal with that at the moment, he's going to be find but he's angry so she's pretty sure that they're going to have to sedate him for the rest of the blood transfusion. "John. You have to know something." Talia begs him, moving around the deputies that are taking pictures of the blood stained floor.

"I don't know anything. Peter can't tell us anything." John says, a little bitter about it. Talia doesn't blame him, the only thing she's been able to make out from Peter's rambling are the words "Ow", "Derek", and "Fox." It doesn't make sense to her, and she's almost ready to shake Peter until he makes sense to her. "Derek wouldn't open the door for anyone. He wouldn't let them in with Stiles or Pine inside. So he must have gone onto the porch to talk to them." John says, and Talia nods as she runs her hand through her hair.