Ursul X Royal Guard Chapter 2

She learned Ursul's plan and gladly took part in it. She assisted Flotsam and Jetsom in overturning Ariel's date with the prince, even going so far as to tip the boat when the couple visited the lagoon. Ursul watched with glee as she took her tasks in stride and outperformed all his expectations. When the second sunset, Ursul revealed the secret weapon to his plan.

She was sitting in his lap, tracing small circles on his chest as he sat there, she assumed, scheming. When she felt his gaze turn to her, she met it. Laying an arm over his shoulders and kissing his cheek, she offered a soft, "What is it?"

He smirked, and she knew he had a plan. He held her to himself as he produced a gold chain from behind her. Hanging from it was a glowing golden shell. She watched with wide eyes as he pulled her hands to form a cup, laying the necklace charm-first into her hands.

She could not take her eyes off of it as she stuttered "What is it?"

He tilted his head, stroking her spine as he offered a curt "Ariel's voice."

She frowned, the object suddenly distasteful to her, and glared at Ursul. "And what am I supposed to do with it?"

He smiled, taking the chain and pulling it over her head, tracing its length to the shell, which rested in her cleavage. He looked to her stormy eyes with a playful smirk. "Wear it."

She frowned, picking up the charm and looking at it. "Why?"

Ursul gestured over to the magic ball they had been watching Ariel through. The princess slept in a guest room in the prince's castle. "The tramp is getting too close. It's time for real sabotage."

She looked again to the shell. He could tell she was thinking. He waited calmly for her to guess. He knew she had it when her tail tensed. He smiled, kissing her shoulder and petting her tail to soothe it.

She looked at him with a pained expression. "You're going to turn me human?"

Ursul nodded, frowning at the fear in her words. "The prince will fall in love with her unless we turn his attentions."

She clutched nervously at the shell and bit her lip. "Was this... Was this always your plan?"

Ursul sighed, shifting her so he cradled her closer. "I knew it would need to be done."

She nodded, but he felt her shaking. He sighed. "I cannot use the shell myself," he turned her face to his with a gentle hand. "her voice would not suit me."

She nodded, but did not smile at the joke. She cuddled into his chest and whispered. "Then let's do it."

He kissed her head and stood, still cradling her. She kept her eyes closed as he performed his spell, knowing she had no reason to fear. He would not leave her to drown as he had Ariel. She whimpered when her tail split, but did not open her eyes. She kept them tightly closed until they broke the water's surface.

She saw through the small parts in her hair that the sun had not yet risen. She coughed and sputtered, clinging to Ursul's familiar frame. She would have pushed her hair from her eyes, but refused to release him.

He set her on the beach and she heard the sand shift as he moved to face her. She pulled her knees to her chest, shivering, as he reached out and brushed her hair aside, parting her sopping locks like thick curtains. She smiled shakily at him, but it turned quickly to a frown as she cried out and backed away. He was different.

His pale violet skin was now a caramel brown, his flowing white hair now slicked back and black. As she looked him over she noticed that his eight black tentacles had been replaced by two legs, similar to her own but thicker, the same color as the rest of his skin. She felt her skin grow hot as she noticed he was completely bare and she turned away, covering herself when she saw the same was true.

He smirked and pulled her to him, baring both of them as he kissed her. He pressed his forehead to hers and brushed her hair behind her ears as he whispered. "What reward for your loyalty would it be to abandon you?"

She smiled and lay her head on his shoulder before pulling back and looking at the shell necklace she still wore. She held it tightly as she stood, shakily. He helped her gain balance, more easily adjusting to the legs, and lead her down the beach. They found the same shipwreck Ariel had clothed herself from and he wrapped her in a sail before finding some rags for himself.

He lead her up to the city and to the castle's back entrance, following the route he had seen Ariel take through his cauldron. They were lucky in their venture, for prince Eric himself had been sitting on the steps, playing his flute.