1. │The Arrival

I can't really say I was hyped on moving, but all these motivational speeches from mom and dad must have done something to my initial mindset. I mean, why should I be happy about basically losing the life I had built up all my life? Well, not that it would be too much that I had achieved, but I'm really gonna miss the few friends I had back home...
It's too late now anyway. I'm just gonna sleep through the whole time. It takes us long enough to get there.

Slowly I got woken up by the squeaky noises my brother had to be the cause of. Just as I opened my eyes I saw him looking through the masses of people in awe. I turned to look out through the window on my side. Hmm, I can't call myself a fan of crowds, but time square is something different. It must look absolutely amazing at night. I better add that to my bucket list. Yes, I have a bucket list. When getting the chance of a new start, might as well use it.

"Ah, y/n, you're awake. What is your first impression of New York?" asked your mom, as she saw how you copied your brother by looking out the window in the same way of amazement.

"From what I've seen in the 2 minutes that I've been awake, it seems... very alive" it sounded more like a question than a statement, but parents chuckled at that. "Yeah, it really does." said your mom.

"DAD, LOOK!" you shot a look to your brother, how dare he scream when you were daydreaming about your new home, almost giving you a heart attack. "WE NEED TO GO TO THIS STORE, PLEASE! THEY HAVE THE NEW-" "WE need you to shut the fuck up!" I interrupted him, stressing the we and you unmistakenly strong. "Declan, we won't go anywhere if you won't stop screaming. Y/n, stop screaming at your brother." Our dad said that with such cool, I was taken aback for a second. While there was absolute silence for a few seconds, apart from the quiet radio and the New York traffic. "So, can we go later maybe?" I scoffed at Declan's stupid try, just because he said it in almost a whisper this time, we surely wouldn't turn around, would we?

"Sorry honey, we simply don't have the time right now. I assure you, we will find time to go there sometime soon. Oh, and we're almost there, by the way." said our mother.

~ 𝑌𝑜𝑢 𝑎𝑟𝑟𝑖𝑣𝑒𝑑 𝑎𝑡 𝑦𝑜𝑢𝑟 𝑛𝑒𝑤 𝘩𝑜𝑚𝑒 ~

You and your brother hurried out of the car to get a better look at your new home. It looks even bigger than in the photos. As if your father could read your mind, he remarked proudly "Well, when having to move, might as well enjoy a little upgrade." He chimed with the keys and went to open the door.

Don't get me wrong, the house is bigger than the one we had before, but it is not a mansion. But, for New York City, it's quite a big house.

We went inside with our Suitcases and bags from the car before Declan and I explored the house. Mom and dad have been having a tour through the house when looking for a new home but we haven't been here before.

There is some furniture already in some of the rooms, but most of our old stuff is getting here too. We just have to wait for the trucks to arrive with all of our stuff.

~ 𝘔𝘪𝘯𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦 𝘴𝘬𝘪𝘱 ~

By this time, the first truck had already arrived. Of course, it has been the one that could have come last, because there are mostly odds and ends in there. The Truck with furniture would have been great...
As my dad would say: "You gotta work with what you get."

The four of us and the 2 people from the moving company were taking the boxes into the house. While jogging out to the truck to grab another box, I almost collided with someone on a skateboard.
"Woah, I'm so sorry, I didn't see you there!" I started blabbering. He immediately stopped and turned around and started apologizing just as excessively as I. "Holy cow, I'm sorry, I don't know why I went through this small space". My mom came out as well and asked whether we were okay. 

"I'm so sorry I bothered you," he said genuinely. "No, it's fine, really," I said.
For a second, I thought we kind of stared at each other. Just as I realized this, I low-key coughed. "Uhm, so, you just moved here?" "Yeah, apparently" I chuckled pointing between the moving truck and the house full of boxes.
"Yeah, haha, if you need a hand, we could help you. I mean, my aunt, uncle, and me. We live right down the street. We're free, so if that wouldn't bother you." he stammered.
"You know, this is no bad idea, my husband is all over the place. I think we could really use some help to get this done." You could tell my mom was thankful for his offer. He answered promptly "Sure, I'll call them right now."

He swiftly took out his phone and called them, while the other trucks arrived. Finally!

Peter turned back to my mother with a questioning look on his face, holding up his skateboard and backpack. Before he could use his words she assured him, she would take care of this.
I was already back at transporting the boxes into the house when my mom called out for me again. "Y/n! Will you help uh -" she shot him an expecting look "Uhm, Peter, Miss. My name is Peter" his voice fell into a whisper with the last sentence, as my mother  carried on with her call for me. "-Peter put his stuff somewhere out of the way?" "I'll be right there" I shouted back.

I came outside. "Just one sec-" I grabbed another box. "Right this way." I smiled at him. Before he followed me, he quickly got himself a box and went behind me into the house.
"Uhm, you can just put your stuff here, I guess." I chuckled nervously. Honestly, I had no idea where his stuff would be in the way and where not. "Great" he smiled and put this stuff next to the couch that has been placed there just minutes earlier.