4. │School's about to start

We have all we need. It's already time for lunch and since we have a lot of catching up to do. We sat at Five Guys talking about our move, as the Stacys weren't home at the time to help us.
I was talking to Gwen about what she is doing for fun around here. She was just about to tell me about her internship when I overheard my mom telling her sister about Peter. "And she had an encounter with an absolutely handsome boy. He is very sweet and-" "MOM!" "Well, he is." I just looked at her, feeling a little uncomfortable around my family. Gwen and her family didn't have a clue about what was going on. " "So, who was this boy?" asked my aunt. "He and his aunt and uncle helped us put up the furniture. Peter was it?" My mom was asking me directly. "Yeah" I kinda whispered that. Why was I so uncomfortable talking about him?
"Gweni, you could actually know him, he is in your grade." I tried to explain my mother's words to 'Gweni' "Peter Parker? He's been on this school with you since you have been there." By her quizzical expression, I could tell I had to go on, so I continued trying to describe the boy to her. "Tall, caucasian, brown hair and eyes?" she was squeezing her eyes at me. How could she not have noticed him for the past few years? "He loves skateboarding..." it came out with a slight hint of annoyance. "Ah yeah, there is this boy that keeps getting admonished for using it in the school halls." "Yeah, that might be him," I said.
"Y/n, don't you get to school with him on Monday?" my mom is so scrutinizing into my business. "Uh, yeah..." "Oh, really?" I could have detected that smirk from a mile away. "Hey, he's like my best friend. Which is not hard, as he is my only friend here, but that's beside the point." I just tried to change the subject. "Hey, what about me!" Gwen was fake pouting. "I mean, yeah, I'll let you count." I gave her a small smile, which she gladly returned.

"Sorry I interrupted you earlier, you wanted to tell me about your internship?" I asked, genuinely interested. She loves science just as much as my brother and I do, so I needed to hear more about that internship of hers.
"Right, thank you. I've got the chance to help Dr. Curt Conners with his and his colleagues' work in genetics at Oscorp." "No way!" "That's so cool" shrieked my brother and I simultaneously, looking at each other laughing. "These two were just recently talking about getting a tour there. They are participating in getting a place on this tour. "Really, we have gotten a tour when Gwen got in, even though they usually don't do tours. I'm sure Gwen is able to do something for the two of you." our aunt winked at us. "Yeah, absolutely. I'm sure I'm getting you in." Declan and I couldn't believe it. Oh, this is going to be amazing!
(hope you get the reference on the last sentence XP)

~ 𝑠𝑘𝑖𝑝 𝑡𝑜 𝑑𝑎𝑦 𝑏𝑒𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑒 𝑠𝑐𝘩𝑜𝑜𝑙 ~

I had already prepared my backpack and outfit for tomorrow. I tried to prepare myself for tomorrow as best as I could, but somehow I didn't feel any better at all.
I grabbed my phone and searched for Peter in my contacts.

"No wait, this is weird." I thought to myself. I was about to text him I was scared, or well, having respect as I would put it, about school. I don't know what to expect, so I thought I could ask him. "He would think I'm such a pussy if I was texting him that. wtf y/f/n." I really should stop overthinking this, it's just keeping me from getting enough sleep. I'm just gonna ask him casually on our walk to school tomorrow.

I put the phone down on my nightstand and curled myself up under the cover until I was cozy.
"huh, school's tomorrow already... " I just noticed how fast the time went by. I mean, two weeks is not long of a time, but it felt much shorter. I guess I have to thank Peter for that. Either he is actually making time for me to hang out or text, or he is just as lonely as I am. I feel kinda bad for this, but I'm guessing the latter. Who would waste so much of their time to basically a stranger? I mean, I sure hope we are more than that. I would call him my friend, my best even, but it's only to hope he feels the same way. Anyway, we're back at overthinking the whole situation. I need to sleep now, I'm already later in bed than I would have liked.

Just as I was about to fall asleep, just as it always must happen when you're in a hurry, I realized, I could have just texted Gwen. She would have just told me what to expect without thinking I'm a pussy. That's just great... No, I'm sleeping now, I can't go to school sleep-deprived on the first day. First impression matters, at last.

With that, I fell asleep, eventually.

A/N: today's a little shorter, I simply didn't think their walk to school fits in here ;)