Stuck Between Yesterday and Tomorrow

Summary ; He doesn't want to say it , and he KNOWS he's keeping the other waiting but he just doesn't want to say because . Because .

Blocky can't muster up the courage until he blurts it out .

(A/N ; another one from AO3 !!! was posted on my old account and it's generally just a small drabble but still . Tw for nightmares , enjoy !)

--------------------------

" You can sleep with me if you'd like ."

Blocky picks at his food with a fork . It's late into the day , right before they were about to go to bed . They were having spaghetti for dinner that day .

".. Huh ?" Woody mumbles , glancing up at him .

Blocky's face flushes before he calms himself down . "Yyeeeahh ?? About , like , - your nightmares ? You've been having a lot more recently ." Ah , Woody was hoping Blocky didn't know about that . Looks like his wishes were in vain .

"It's' fine …" Woody gives a wobbly smile towards the other .

"Nah , nah I mean it man ! It's fine , I have a pretty big bed anyways …." Blocky mumbles near the end , slipping a hand behind his head and scratching it .

"Oh ! Well -" Woody glances to the side . "Uh , sure !"

---------------------

Blocky jolts awake , sitting up right and pulling a hand to his beating chest . Swear drops down his forehead as the scenes from the nightmare replay in his head .

It's …. Fuzzy . The memories fade away with each passing second , his brain forcing him to repress it and never think about it again .

He glances over to Woody , who's stirring awake . His eyes link open as he stares up at Blocky .

"... Blocky ? .. its like …. 12 ….." he sleepily murmurs out .

Blocky glances over to the clock . 12 : 13 AM . "... Sorry .. I just …." He hesitates to say it , clenching a fistful of the blanket tighter .

"..are you okay ?" Woody pushes himself up in the bed , face to face with Blocky . Woody's eyes are tired but full of concern , and Blocky hates the sight so much .

Blocky's breathing gets a bit more shakier as he remembers a moment in the nightmare . '"Sorry , sorry .. I just had a nightmare ."

Woody shifts himself back into the blanket , the comfort enveloping him once more . He drags Blocky down too , hugging him close .

"Go back to bed then … I'll be here with you ….." he mumbles out before yawning , and drifting off to sleep .

Blocky hesitantly pulls Woody a bit closer , slipping his neck and hugging him closer . He's almost surprised from the kind - of nonchalant reaction , as if it had happened before (he knew it didn't , it couldn't have , he wouldn't have allowed himself to in any other circumstance) . He eventually accepts it though , getting back into a more comfy position while holding the other close .

If Blocky had another nightmare , he could just pull Woody closer . And Woody would do the same if he had one himself .