Yeah, This is Nice .

(A/N : the promised comfort !!! not much 2 say here since i already said what i wanted 2 in the chapter before but i hope you like <33 bye bye !!!)

Underwhelming .

It was all so underwhelming .

Woody had woken up with a jolt and sharp gasp , forcing himself upright against his bed . Tears were already streaming down his face , given by how his hands had already flew up to his cheeks . His bandaged hands eventually came back down to the blanket , gripping it tight .

Another nightmare .

His fists tighten as he thinks back to it , the memories almost painfully persisting in his mind . He shakes his head , trying to rid himself of them .

It doesn't work .

His bandaged hands tighten a bit more around the blankets as he looks around the dark room , glancing at the little light the crack of the door had let in , and then to Blocky's clock .

4 AM .

Why wasnt there something more ?

Everything felt out of place in the moment , wrong as if everything were placed 2 inches to the left . Nothing was right . It felt like there should have been more , more impact , more tears , more something .

Woody grabs at his hair , pulling it harshly . His head pounded , yet what could he do ? Blocky was next to him , and he was sleeping , and it was the middle of the night he couldn't just go and leave or get something to ground himself or -

"Blocky ..?"

He's already murmuring out the name before he can realize (a stupid mistake , really . Blocky was probably already sleeping soundly , Woody was just interrupting it , god , he was really just a burden , he should just stop and go back to bed and force himself to suck it up and -)

Shuffling back into place , Woody turns and faces Blocky's back . In a soft tone , he calls again, despite it being broken by his raw throat from crying . "Block (He fumbles on the words , trying to force them together into a cohesive sentence) - Blocky ? Are you awake ?.."

Woody watches as Blocky moves around , before flipping over and looking at Woody . He was teary eyed as well , tears streaming down his face despite the (what would have been convincing , if not for tears) smile on his face . "Yeah .. ?" Blocky asked , voice cracking under the salty water spilling from his eyes .

"I .." Woody hesitates , despite this already being a common occurrence . "I had another nightmare ."

Blocky chuckles , wiping away his tears and moving to wipe away Woody's as well . "You and both ." He sinks back into the sheets a bit more , his smile slowly watering down into a slight frown , biting his tongue and averting his gaze .

Silence fills the few inches between them (and really , Woody finds it would be the worst time to admire Blocky's green eyes , and yet he finds himself doing it anyways .)

And finally , Woody mustered the courage to force out the dealmaker message .

".... Are you okay ?" Woody asked .

... It was hypocritical , sure , but Woody had been surely dealing with nightmares longer (he started having them prominently at 10 , if he remembered correctly . ' 3 years before BFDI started ' , he noted .)

Blocky glances up to him , before chuckling . "Well , I could ask the same to you ." It's toned with the same jokeish - snarky tone Blocky would use whenever messing around , though it was notably dulled . It felt much more muted , and neither Blocky or Woody could tell if it was from the sleepiness , the nightmares the both had experienced minutes prior , or something else entirely (Woody consciously decided to choose the first .)

Woody snorts something akin to a giggle , maybe a laugh . "Touche ."

Blocky smiles warmly before looking away , his gentle expression more devolving into a neutral one as he stared down at his hands , keeping his gaze away from Woody .

For a bit , they stay quiet again . It wasn't awkward or anything , just .... Silence .

Woody's mind drifts back to his nightmare , and he fights the urge to grimace . He didn't remember much , all the memories of it being forced into the void of his brain and promptly forgetting it . He just ... Remembered being submerged in water . And trying to find shore but he couldn't and the waves kept on getting more and more violent and -

"Woody ."

The person in question breath's hitches in his throat as he looks up to Blocky . His tone was firm , though it didn't seem on purpose , as Blocky made an effort to soften his tone .

"Err - Woody , " Blocky sucks in a breath through his teeth . "Can we - um -" He stops , glancing away .

"Augh - This just -" Blocky clenches his fists , a troubled expression on his face . "It feels stupid to say , I just .." He huffs and rolls onto his other side , promptly facing the wall . ".. Nevermind . It's nothing . G'night ."

Woody stares at Blocky from the back of his head (and he's sure that the red haired can feel it , it was like he had eyes underneath that messy , unkept bright red) . He contemplates something , before just thinking to himself " Screw It . "

He shuffles towards Blocky and wrapped an arm around his waist , bringing the shorter a little closer and hugging him gently . (His face heats up , " It's just the extra body warmth , " even though it definitely wasn't .)

Blocky stops , physically stopping , his breathing hitching for a minute and tensing . Just for a second , he thinks that he may have possibly died . Died from embarrassment .

His face heats up a little as his shoulders go stiff , but that doesn't stop him from rolling over onto his side to face Woody , reaching out an arm to hug back .

And then they both sit there , arms tangled together and simply just laying there . They would both be lying if it wasn't a little uncomfortable , so Woody decided to do something . He shifted , pressing his head against Blocky's chest .

Quickly realizing how he could hear the other's heartbeat (and ignoring how it almost felt soothing , trying to lull him into the sleep they both desperately needed) , Woody realized just how intimate all this was . Sleeping in the same bed , going places together , hell - even cuddling together . It all felt so romantic , and he couldn't tell if Blocky felt the same too .

Getting startled out of his thoughts , he feels Blocky push him a little bit , shifting to lay on his back and face the ceiling , before gently bringing Woody to his chest and laying his head there . Woody quickly adjusts , bringing his head a little more up and wrapping his arms around Blocky's waist to hug him , and he doesn't know if the blush on Blocky's face was just the dim lighting or not .

Woody closes his eyes as he listens to Blocky's heartbeat , his breathing slow and even , nightmare from earlier long gone by now . Blocky brings his right arm to lay gently over Woody's on his waist , while his other ran it's fingers through his brown hair .

One last thought strikes them both as they lay there , giving into the embrace of sleep .

" Yeah , this is really nice . "