Signed , Hawaii

Summary ; Gosh , his head hurt . It felt like it was spinning but everything was so unnaturally still .

It feels like his head was going to burst

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

In which Blocky just feels just a bit too bad today

------------------

A/N ; SO .HI !!!!!! I come back ! Over 3000 words , look at that ! This is also cross posted to ao3 and like holy shit . I'm actually working on something else right now too but I hope for now you guys like this !!

------------------

Blocky was never a soft person .

Woody knew that from the start — he was bold , erratic , unpredictable (not in a necessarily BAD way , but it was sometimes shocking to see him be violent (like slam his hand on the table while talking , feigning it for being for dramatic effect or chopping the vegetables just a bit too hard) while talking like normal) , silly , but he never thought soft fit him . It just wasn't Blocky .

It could really be even anything else , mean , annoying (he remembered once Blocky was on the phone on speaker , and he had physically flinched when the other person on the line called him that . He wasn't exactly the same for the rest of the day) , fun , funny , even shy at some (rare , but definitely plausible) times . But 'soft' was never something people would describe him as .

But then again , who was Woody to know ? He wasn't Blocky , and he didn't know everything about him (Blocky was never the type of guy to ever share much about his likes or dislikes , out of just not liking to do so or other reasons Woody wouldn't ask about ,) . It was definitely plausible that Blocky wasn't that big tough guy he had so carefully constructed over the years and built up , and only continued to build up .

And really , that was true .

Woody had caught Blocky tons of times while he had been up late , 4 , 1 , 5 AM , you name it (he had once woken up around 9 AM to find Blocky making breakfast and upon asking how long he had been awake Blocky just reluctantly said 32 hours after Woody pressed on him) . It was always just Blocky using his phone or using his laptop , editing prank videos or mindlessly scrolling through social media to burn the night away , or just simply playing some sort of mobile game . It wasn't exactly something Woody was worried about , he knew that Blocky still got a good amount of sleep (... Well - he didn't exactly know , but he sure as hell hoped) . He knew that the red haired guy could take care of himself , right ? He was tough , threw a good punch (Woody had seen it from the times he got too angry over things and punched the punching bag they had hung up in his room so he would stop kicking the walls) . He could surely handle himself , right ?

Woody jumped out of his thoughts , head snapping in alarm to the loud thunder that boomed outside . He rubbed his eyes (he vaguely noticed the tears that dotted them) , gosh , how long has it been ? 2 , 3 hours ? He didn't remember , his brain was just too fuzzy to really register the last few hour(s) of mostly panic and fear . It wasn't like he had a clock , either (he had forgotten to buy one . It was on his to - do list , sure , but he never found any time to go anywhere to get one . Plus , in this day and age , it would be unreasonably expensive to get one for cheap ..)

He yawns . This was already common , Woody knew it . Waking up in the middle of the night from nightmares or some sort of storm or anything (there had been a lot more storms recently , which he didn't know why at all , maybe the weather was just acting up or something -) wasn't uncommon for him . Really , most of the time they were bad (he just wanted to leave it at that , elaborating would take too much energy and Woody really didn't want to do that now . He was dancing between the line of barely conscious and passing out) , terrifying things that his mind would conjure seemingly to just torment him . But hey , that's a fic written by a different person and not the point of this one ? Ignoring 4th wall breaks though , usually he'd go get a cup of water or something if he was able to .