Train Till You're Insane

At the training center, I go straight for the- survival station. Cato immediately shoots me a suspicious look, but then goes back to the swords, his weapons of choice. I'm really happy I tried the edible plants and animals section, because I confused these Nightlock berries that are really poisonous for wild blueberries. Moral of the story, if you don't know it, don't eat it!

But then on my way back to the District 2 level of the dorm type areas, Cato pushes me into a closet. He shoves me into a wall, and leans in so that our foreheads are touching, and when he speaks, our lips brush.

"Intense much? Leave me the hell alone, Cato, I already told you how I feel about this whole thing!"

"Why didn't you go straight to the knives? We're careers, we have the Cornucopia, spending time researching edible things is a waste of time!"

"I didn't know that the damn careers and our Cornucopia, inhabited by greedy pigs, all of you, will never run out of food? These things can last for months, of course it's important! If you wanna starve to death, be my guest, but I refuse to remain defenseless. And what's the damn point of focusing on things I've already mastered! I'm using the systems of education I need but didn't have access to, that's the only way that I'm going to survive this whole ordeal! Now stop talking to me, stay back and let me live for all the time I have left!" With that, I kick him in the crotch, and as he falls to the ground in pain, sashay out of there. If he can't accept words, I hope that physical pain helps, no matter how much I don't want to hurt him.

"This won't be our last meeting, Spice." He practically howls. Just like the Capitol mutts he saved me from. Focus, Clove, no emotions! I'm so bad at this.

"The name's Clove."

The next day at training, I work on the tree climbing sector. I actually get pretty quick at it, and the trainer says that I look as swift and sly as a tree fox. I see that girl from District Twelve, Katniss Everdeen, look me up and down and try not to shudder, but I can see the fear in her eyes that she's trying to conceal. I look away, to see Cato working the edible plants and animals section! Damn right he is! Then he walks up to me.

"Even if it's survival, we have to train till we're insane."

"In that case, we both need to stop training ASAP!"

"Meet again soon, Spice."

"It's Clove, you damn moron!" And with that, I go to the 'bathroom'. By which I mean I call it a day, go to my room, and take a shower to calm down.