Chapter 5

Caelum's POV

My mother, Tia, and I are gathered around the table, eating the lovely breakfast mama prepared.

I look at the clock, reading 10:15, remembering I have a meeting with some of our pack's allies at 10:30. "Oh shit!" I exclaim.

"Language!" My mother scolds.

"Sorry mama, it's just that I have a meeting at ten thirty!" I say throwing on my jacket before kissing my mom on the head.

"I'll see you girls later." I smile at both of them. "Mama try not to drive Tia too crazy, okay?" I say earning a giggle from Tia. Man, I could listen to that all day.

"Yeah okay Caelum. Get out of here unless you don't mind me playing some old videos that you made as a child!" My mother replies.

"Alright I'm out! Bye mom! Bye Tia!"

"Bye have a good day! Tia says.

"Bye my son, be safe!"

I head out the door and into my car. While I'm in traffic I mindlink Darren. "Darren, I'm going to be kinda late, traffics busy."

"Okay, hurry the fuck up, I am trying to get this meeting over with." He says through our link. I can tell he's already annoyed, I'm not sure why.

"I'll be there as soon as I can" I say then close the link. I try to be as respectful as possible towards Darren because he is my Alpha and all, but sometimes it feels like he doesn't deserve it. I've learned to just ignore that though.

————————————————————————

After the meeting I'm sitting in my office while I build up the courage to confront Darren about how he's treating Tia.

I get out of my chair and head towards the Alpha'a office.

Before I get even grab the door knob I hear moaning. This angers me so much I burst through the door causing the naked woman to grab her jacket and run out.

"What the fuck Caelum?" Darren shouts.

"No, what the fuck Darren! You have an amazing mate and you choose to disrespect her by fucking some bitch!" I yell, getting closer and closer.

"Why the fuck do you care so much about her? I don't want that fucking whore! If you like her so much then you be with her!" At this point this is turning into a screaming match.

Him speaking of Tia that was pisses me off to the max. Instinctively, I punch Darren straight in the face, then shove him against the wall. "Don't you ever speak of her that way! Tia is perfect, and you can't see that! And you don't think I wish I was with her? It hurts me to see the pain you put her in. But I'm not her mate. All she wants is a loving mate. You don't even deserve to have her. What would your mother think about this?"

He punches me back and flips us over so that I'm now being held against the wall. He comes so close I can feel his breath on my face. "Leave my mother out of your damn mouth. And know that I am your alpha so learn your fucking place! Now get the fuck out!" He yells.