41. Accidents Happen*

(Parker's POV):

We were in a sleep and post-sex haze for the majority of the next morning, lying next to each other in bed, curling together and telling stories like we had never been apart. But we had, and for some reason the fact that we had spent so long apart made everything sweeter.

"Aside from Wanda..." Natasha's voice was raspy, and I glanced over at the door to make sure it was locked and Daisy was on the other side. Check and check. I slid my hand over Natasha's hip under her crop top, resting my palm on her flat, warm, stomach.

"Aside from Wanda what?" I chuckled as she shifted in my arms, pressing her ass against me at the contact.

"I don't want to talk about them anymore," Natasha spun in my arms, tugging my hair and pulling me into a long, deep, exploratory kiss. We struggled slightly for control before my hand closed slightly on her throat and her breath hitched. I smirked, knowingly. Some things never change. I rolled Natasha over onto her back, following her down and kissing slow trails over her abdomen, my lips tracing the scar just above her hip.

"This is new," I murmured. She glanced down, her green eyes twinkling in amusement.

"That is courtesy of Steve's best friend Bucky," she chuckled. I frowned.

"I'm going to need to know the rest of that story. Soon. Before I kill him." Natasha chuckled and I took a moment to just appreciate how beautiful and quirky she was. She tugged at my hair as I continued my journey down, nipping at her thighs before settling in front of her, tracing my tongue in slow circles over her center. Her hands tangled in my hair as she tugged me closer, her hips beginning to rotate when I slid two fingers inside of her easily while my mouth focused on her clit.

"Fuck," She whispered, tugging my hair roughly. I could feel the muscles in her legs contracting around my head and knew she was already close. I wrapped my other arm around her legs, pulling her closer, knowing what she needed. One of her hands left my head, clutching desperately at the sheets as she clenched around my fingers, mouth falling open in a silent scream as she crashed over the edge. I had just finished cleaning her up with a warm washcloth and pulling the sheets back up around her securely when the text from Steve came in. Natasha and I read it together.

Spangles: We found Rumlow. Get back to the tower, we're going to Lagos.

Natasha and I exchanged glances, immediately climbing out of bed and reaching for our clothes, scattered once again around the room.

"You named him Spangles in your contacts?" Natasha's voice was silly, but I could sense the underlying tension.

"Do you want to tell me who Rumlow is?" Natasha inhaled sharply and I watched as she pulled her pants on, stretching while she considered her answer.

"He's Hydra – high level. We thought he was shield until he tried to kill us." I sighed, taking in the information and filing it away appropriately.

"Who's we?" I asked, not wanting to pry, but needing to know the backstory of what I was about to walk into.

"Me. Steve. Bucky. Sam. It was when Shield fell." Shit. I was going to need AV for this one. "We thought he died in the Project Insight battle in DC, but he popped up. Been dealing black-market arms for some time."

"A bad guy with a big revenge kink?" I asked, trying to lighten the mood. Natasha laughed.

"Something like that."

...

The tension was palpable when we got back to the tower. The mission was going to be stopping Rumlow before he could get his hands on – whatever it was he was after. The market in Nigeria was good for black market trades, and hitting a bank wouldn't be outside the realm of possibility. It was hard to predict what any other target could be. We all read the mission objective file, as well as the file on Rulmow in the jet on our way to Lagos. We all had our part to play, and we knew from Steve's typical speech that this was going to be our best chance to catch this guy once and for all.