46. Travel Arrangements*

Warnings: symbiote

"Who is that?" My voice broke the stillness after Natasha's expletive, and caught both of us somewhat by surprise.

"We've gotta go," Natasha murmured, shoving the packet of red glowing things back into her pocket, along with what looked like a picture that I didn't get a great look at. Natasha pushed herself off of the rock, stumbling forward a few steps before catching herself and realizing that I wasn't following along as expected. She turned back towards me only to see my arms folded over my chest, my eyebrow raised and an unspoken question on my lips.

"Who is that, Natasha?" My voice was softer now, and I watched Natasha's beautiful green eyes try to avoid mine as her brain scrambled for an answer.

"We don't have time; I'll tell you on the way." Satisfied with her own compromise, Natasha turned away from me again, making it a few steps further before realizing I wasn't following again. "Parker please." It was a whispered prayer, and it broke my heart but that wasn't how this worked. Not anymore.

"No more secrets." I whispered back. I didn't like pushing her – it went against everything I believed in about sharing only what you were comfortable with. But at the same time, pushing was occasionally necessary. Especially if it was important as it seemed to be by the look on Natasha's face. I'd never seen her like that. She turned back around, a wry smile on her face.

"You know we're spies, right? You might be in the wrong business, Brock." When she chuckled, I couldn't help but smile along with her.

"Smartass." I glared but my heart wasn't in it, and she knew it. She walked back towards me, a familiar swivel in her hips.

"You like my ass." She countered, finally stepping within arm's reach. I obliged by pulling her closer. She leaned her forehead against mine, taking a breath. "That's my sister. Yelena." Of all of the things that she could have said in that moment, that was not even on the list of possibilities in my brain.

"Oh, shit." I murmured. A million things flashed through my mind in a single second, and I must have visibly shaken my head to quiet them down, because the redheaded pipsqueak was laughing at me again. I smiled wryly. "Okay, new plan. We're getting out of here and away from the masked crusader mimic back there, and you can explain on the way." Natasha smiled, our fingers lacing together.

"Deal."

...

Mason had provided both of us with a collection of mix and match IDs – he and I were going to have words about some of the names he came up with – and it was easy enough to catch a train to Budapest. We had 31 hours to kill and got a private carriage compartment that would give us time to talk.

As it turns out, talking was not the first thing on Natasha's mind. As soon as the door closed behind me, she pushed me against it. She was a tiny, forceful little thing when she wanted something. I was apparently something. Her hands found my hips as our lips collided head-on, and nothing else mattered. After a handful of frantic moments – and a couple handfuls of other, assorted parts, I broke away.

"Natasha," I gasped, holding her lips at bay by pushing my forehead against hers. "We need to talk about this."

"Mhmm," she agreed, but our lips met in the middle again and my arms wrapped around her waist and tugged her into me. Then another thought hit me.

"Daisy." I murmured. Natasha stopped moving instantly and I felt her entire body tense.

"Excuse who?" She asked. I got chills all the way around my entire body. I would have laughed if it wasn't so incredibly terrifying. I answered her as quietly and calmly as I could.