44. Best Laid Plans

The team scattered as expected as Steve jogged out onto the tarmac. AV and I headed towards the parking garage with Wanda and Clint. Our goal was to run interference and direct attention away from Steve or Bucky while securing our secondary exit plan. AV and I were keeping an eye out for Wanda's boyfriend – the glorified flying toaster. He clearly had an advantage when it was a fair fight, but there was nothing about this that was going to be fair, and potentially getting the jump on him was going to be the highlight of our day before someone got arrested or worse. Bucky and Sam were racing through the terminal, trying to get to the primary exit plan. We had all of our bases covered – or so we thought. Steve's motto was always to hope for the best and plan for the worst. AV was fully invisible as we jogged along, hoping that maybe it could help us stay off-radar. I growled when I saw Cap's odds go from 1:1 to 3:1, then 4. Some black cat guy, war machine...Natasha. My heart sank in my chest as we caught the glint of her red hair in the sunlight.

Focus

"I'm focused," I grumbled, AV's mouth shifting halfway between theirs and mine. All of our eyes widened a bit when Steve's shield was yanked away by a substance that looked strangely like webbing. Great. We needed more than one spider on the field. The one we had in mind was trouble enough. From the pieces of the conversation that we caught – which was more than I expected due to the ever-increasing volume, Tony was issuing his threat now. Our coms chirped when Sam located the quinjet. Then all hell broke loose and the fight started. Tony lifted off the ground and headed in our direction. Rhodey headed towards the terminal. The cat followed after him, but was stopped by a shield to the chest before he got very far.

AV picked up Natasha's voice faintly over Scott's coms, followed by a loud grunt. I chuckled. She could always handle herself. Hopefully she didn't hurt the guy too badly. We didn't want to get out of here with any casualties – especially not these specifically.

We made our way down to the tarmac, heading towards the quinjet when all of a sudden the concrete around us started exploding. Tony. He was using real, live ammunition. Okay, playboy. If that's the way you want to play this, I've got some payback headed for you. We ducked to avoid the rubble. Tony hovered in front of us, and although I couldn't see his face behind the mask, his voice was a dead giveaway for his trademark narcissistic charm.

"Wanda, I think you hurt Vision's feelings."

"You locked me in my room," Wanda spoke, and AV chuckled slightly at the tone of her voice. Tony looked around, surprised, but clearly couldn't spot them.

"Okay first, that's an exaggeration. Second, I did it to protect you." We glanced at Wanda just in time to see her head tilting to the side. This was going to be fun. "Hey, Clint."

"Hey, man." Clint's fingers twitched slightly on the arrow he was holding steadily in place, reading for any signs of trouble.

"Clearly retirement doesn't suit you. You got tired of shooting golf?"

"Well I played 18. Shot 18. Just can't seem to miss." Clint smirked, shrugged his shoulders, and shot a trio of arrows in Tony's direction. He blasted them easily.

"Eh, first time for everything," he snarked, looking back towards the archer. Clint smirked again.

"Made you look."

AV got out of the way, scaling the side of the building as we continued to scan for any sign of vision. Wanda was dropping cars on Tony, and AV couldn't stop chuckling as they watched from a minimum safe distance. "Good job, witchy," their eerie, sinister laugh sounded through coms, and we glanced across the field just in time to see Scott shudder mid-fight.