Chapter 8: The Long Night

ΔΔΔ

Friday.

You woke up to the sound of your phone ringing. Just when you're about to turn it off for the fifth time, you heard the front door of your apartment open, followed by the clacking sound of heels across the wooden floor. 

"I'm starting to regret giving you the passcode." You mumbled to Yerim who's now standing in front of your bed. 

"I told you it's a long flight and we have to be early!" Yerim exclaimed. "Have you even packed your bags?" She asked, walking around your room. 

"Yeah, just some clothes and essentials." You answered, blinking groggily as you finally stood up.

You never knew your house would be as loud as it is now, with Yerim barging in almost everyday since the day you two met. She would always wake you up in the morning that you stop setting your own alarm. You would make breakfast together, then she'll stay in your apartment to watch movies, or decorate your room with the souvenirs she got from travelling. Then she'll pick you up after work, wearing your perfume samples to walk around the streets at night. 

You never knew you'd be doing again the things you haven't done in a long time.

Yerim might be really really really hyper, but you know it's nice having her around.

And now she's taking you overseas on a weekend because she's bored. 

Good thing that you don't have anything to do today, but it's strange that you'll go somewhere else aside from work and home. Yerim must be really living a different lifestyle from you. 

It turns out she's only taking you to an art exhibit of one of her favorite painters, which is actually a new experience to you since you've never been to one. 

"Welcome to my world." Yerim chimes as you walk together inside the wide room filled with fascinating paintings.

"Are you sure this is your world? It's so quiet here." You whispered, having your eyes wander around the room. 

"Shut up, we're at an art gallery, not a library."

"Don't they give off the same atmosphere?"

"Ugh. Whatever--oh yeah here we are!" Yerim stopped when you reached the section with 'Moon Gods' written on the sign.

"Seriously? Going all the way here just to see--"

Your body suddenly felt numb upon seeing an almost wall sized painting across the room.

It is an image of a woman, donned with fine clothing, dyed in pink and periwinkle blue. Her long, red tresses rest on her exposed shoulders, flaunting her marvelously smooth and glowing skin. Her long eyelashes fits perfectly with her warm doe eyes, you were captivated just by looking at them once. Soft petals fall on her delicate hands, making you wonder if her hand could be much softer.

"I see that Chuu got you whipped right away." Yerim's voice broke your reverie. "It's okay. Everyone else lost their shit the first time they laid their eyes on her. She's the god of love after all."

"God of love?" You asked, eyes still glued on the painting. "...Yerim, that's my girlfriend." you blurted out.

"Jeez y/n, of course she is--that's what people say--"

"No, Yerim, seriously. That's literally what Jiwoo looks like." You firmly said and searched for your phone in your pocket. With your hands shaking, you showed her your home screen photo.

"See? It's...it's just the hair color." You said, looking at Yerim who's now dumbfounded as she keeps on shifting her gaze from the home screen and the painting.