Chapter 15: Everyone is foreign, but you're so familiar

¤¤¤

Yves woke up in cold sweat.

She glanced at the window. It's still dark outside. 

It's the time of the night again, when she always wakes up gasping for air. 

She should've wondered the first time it happened. But she shrugged it off thinking that it's just a weird dream.  And then it happened again.

This won't do

She gets off her bed and changed her clothes. She twisted the doorknob and opened the door that leads her to their realm. 

The downtown still looks the same, but it doesn't make Yves feel any better. She looked at the neon lights flashing everywhere, still alive as ever. It goes on, the world, life, it goes on even without her. 

So, it's been a year.

It's been a year since Yves lost someone dear to her, all because she fucked up.

Funny how she decided to go out thinking she needed to get some fresh air, only to feel suffocated as she walks closer to Edily's. 

It looks the same. 

Except that it shouldn't. 

Yves anchored her eyebrows in confusion. How come the lights were on? 

She slowly pushed the door open, but failing to keep the bell chimes from ringing around the diner. She walked in anyway, seeing the tables that are now covered with dust, which means it's been abandoned indeed. So why were the lights on?

Never mind. 

The answer is right in front of her. 

"How dare you..." Yves mumbles to the blue haired girl standing behind the bar counter, holding a bottle of liquor in one hand and a rock glass on another. Jinsoul froze on her position with her mouth agape, just as shocked as the red haired girl.

"Well, shit." she shrugs, slowly putting the bottle down. "...didn't think you'll come here--" She was cut-off by a teal fire blown towards her. "WHAT THE FUCK?!" she screamed in horror despite successfully dodging the attack. The flame dies down but she was met by a pair of eyes glaring at her. Yves was breathing heavily, gathering all of her powers--her rage rather, and putting it on her sword. 

"The hell's wrong with you?--"

"TAKE A FUCKING GUESS!" Yves wields her sword, blowing fire bigger than earlier. But this time, Jinsoul raised her hand, forming a shield out of water. But Yves is relentless, continuously striking while Jinsoul continues to either dodge or block her attacks. 

The bottles at the bar shelves got broken, spilling down alcohol that makes the fire spread around. Jinsoul frantically moved her hands in panic to kill the fire with water. Then, she turns back to Yves who's still wielding her sword like a madman. 

"Stop it! You're making a fucking mess!" Jinsoul hissed, making Yves ever more pissed. 

"You fucking left me in that stupid club!" Yves grits her teeth. "You even took an innocent human with you, and I even begged you to fucking let her go--"

"I told you I was helping you out!"

"THAT GIRL WAS TERRIFIED!" Yves growled, rolling out a ball of fire that burns a hole through the bar counter. Damn, she's mad for real. Jinsoul thought as she rolls over to the side. 

"And more than that, I had to pester Yeojin, who's literally clueless, to have her help me look for you! and Haseul called you DUMB FISH by the way." 

"Wow, now I'm offended!" Jinsoul sighed exasperatedly  as she dodged another blow of fire. And when she decided she's had enough of this stupid tantrum, she glanced at the faucet at the back of the kitchen, broke it down and let all the water form a huge ball to trap Yves.