Chapter 10: A villain then and now--and fucking forever!

¤¤¤

Yves had her arms crossed, still frowning as she leaned against the wall, growing impatient from all the waiting.

For the record, it's been only a couple of minutes since you went back to the room to talk to Yeojin.

But she's not the type to calm down.

She couldn't hold it any longer, she stood up and walked back to the room. But when she opened the door, she found herself in a familiar office. Obviously, it's not the sculpture section where she should be.

"What the heck?" she mumbled in shock. Did she just teleport subconsciously?

But when she saw a familiar figure on her peripheral vision, it's slowly starting to make sense.

"What are you doing?!" She asked hysterically. It hasn't happened ever since she got back to the mortal world. And she hasn't talked to the person who's fuming mad in front of her right now.

Haseul.

"No--what are YOU doing?!" the said god asked back, walking back and forth while massaging her temple. "You literally just harassed a clueless child!"

"Why would you defend her lying ass!--"

"As far as I remember, I told you to look for Hyunjin! Why were you suddenly after Yeojin?!"

"Because I was looking for Jinsoul! That kid held an afterparty and Jinsoul and I went there!--"

"WHAT?!" Haseul screamed in horror. "You spent a whole year at the mortal world with some dumb fish?! What's gone into you?!" she ran her hands through her hair in frustration.

"Well, apparently the dumb fish you're pertaining to happened to outsmart me by giving me company only to work on her hidden agenda." Yves shrugged exaggeratedly .

"You are a god of mischief for pete's sake! I can't believe someone else did what you should be doing."

"Well, if that little sister of your ain't playing dumb, I could've had something to get her ass back here!--"

"She wasn't lying!" Haseul exclaimed. "The almighty erased Yeojin's memories back in the great war."

Yves paused upon hearing the same thing she once heard from Jinsoul.

"Why the heck would the almighty erase everyone's memories?!" she huffed to herself with a frown, pacing back and forth. "--and what about all the art about the moon gods? What was that all for?"

"Honestly, I don't know anymore." Haseul sighed, sitting back on her chair. "I have been watching her from afar, but it seems like she's recollecting every bit of her memory, then turning them into art."

Yves stared blankly at the window, smacking her lips as she squint her eyes in concentration.

"Someone must've been helping her." She mumbled.

Slowly, the two turned their heads toward each other and meet each other's gaze as they come up with a realization.

"Hyunjin." they both said in unison then gasped.

"Ugh this is so annoying." Yves whined. "That woman literally holds all the answers to our problems yet she's stil MIA! Dang it!" She almost punched the wall if it weren't just for Haseul's glare towards her.

"This is why you should make extra effort to find her! It's been a year!--"

"Excuse me! I AM making and effort!--"

"By what?! By sticking your nose to a miserable mortal? Come on Yves! You can do better than that!" Haseul scoffed. And it's only a matter of time that Yves get to remember you.