Chapter 9: Hot N Cold

ΔΔΔ

Saturday.

Your eyes fluttered open upon smelling a lightly caramelized and nutty aroma of coffee. You looked around, finding yourself lying on a queen size bed, in a wide room, with thick curtains covering the high rise windows. 

You stood up, wearing a pair of fluffy slippers you found on the carpeted floor, then you got outside the bedroom to follow the smell. 

What happened last night?

Your head suddenly feels the pain of trying to recall the events, especially now that you're starting to realize how this place is so much different from your supposed hotel room with Yerim.

Yerim.

Shit. Yerim is still missing.

Your steps increase in speed without even knowing where to go. You couldn't help keep looking around because this place seemed to be clothed in luxury, seeing the furniture and decorations in the colors of black and gold, and you're starting to mumble curses because it looks like you're not getting anywhere in this huge ass maze. 

You prove yourself wrong though when you reached the kitchen, finally finding the one who's brewing the coffee. 

Shit.

It's the red haired woman.

You wanted to scream in horror, but your head is still aching so you decided to remain calm. 

And besides, she looked harmless right now, wearing a pastel pink hoodie and denim jeans. Plus, her hair is down, showing her bangs that makes her look innocent unlike her usual slicked back wet hair that makes her look like the bearer of bad news. 

For once, you witnessed her in an almost human look. 

You sat at the dining table, watching her as she continues working in dead silence. You weren't sure if she even noticed your presence or she just don't give a shit about it.  

Moments later, she walked towards you--the table rather, serving two cups of coffee, then going back to the kitchen counter to get the tray of waffles and fresh berries. She settled down in front of you after serving two plates. She started eating, while you were still staring at her in a daze. 

How is she so calm? and why isn't she talking to you?

"I'm actually giving you a chance to run." she utters without even looking at you, chewing the soft waffle, followed by a sip of her coffee. 

Right, she can read your mind. 

"Why am I here --with you?" you asked straightforwardly, folding your arms while cocking an eyebrow. 

"How I wonder what would've happened to you if it weren't for me."

"Did you kidnap me?"

"Careful with the accusations, you're not even a kid."

"How come you're so calm right now?"

"Nothing good ever happens when we're both freaking out."

"Why aren't you looking at me?" You said, finally touching your cup of coffee. 

"I always end up seeing tears in your eyes." 

There was a minute of silence after that. You suddenly ran out of things to say after bombarding her questions that she answered nonchalantly. You just took a sip of the coffee to have a reason to look away from her. 

...

""Oh god...I was left here...in an underground club...w-with people I-I... d-don't know...and damn, I'm at a foreign country--I don't even know how to go home on my o-own I--"