Having Your Back (Steve)

The dark fog surrounding you finally ceased around you. The familiar campsite was no longer here, but forest scenery different from the one at the campsite. Light rain splattered onto of your head, causing a shiver to run down your body. It had been quite awhile since you felt the rain. It was great for change.

You immediately gravitated toward the nearest generator not far from where you had appeared. As your legs carried you, you eyes scanned the nearby area in hopes of a totem, however there was none that appeared. You halted into front of the generator and swiftly began your work. If everyone was on separate
gens, this could benefit your and your teammates odds of escaping.

From the corner of your (E/C) eyes, a figure was spotted running towards your direction. Your heart rate was normal so it could not be a killer. Your immediately recognized the bright blue goofy Scoops Ahoy uniform and determined the figure to be Steve. He jumped on the gen and the both you made much progress.

About halfway through, the generator erupted from Steve's side of the generator. You glanced over a noticed a worried look on his face. You look back the the progress to see that you were set back a little. It is was not a whole lot of progress, but this did set you back unfortunately. Even if the regression was not a lot, you were a little annoyed at this point. Killer was probably heading here.

"Sorry!"

"No worries."

A moment later, the generator suddenly blew up again from Steve's side. You let out an audible sigh, praying that the killer would not come over here despite the generator getting blown twice. Now the progress was at 35%. This could not get any worse.

"Harrington!" You scolded.

"I'm sorry!" Steve whispered.

"Are you trying to get the killer over here?!"

"I'm sorry Y/N! I am reall-"

"Killer is coming hide!" You said, as your heart rate rapidly increased.

Your legs slowly carried you into a nearby locker. In truth, hiding in a locker when the killer was approaching is not a brilliant idea, but you had learned Quick and Quiet so you should be fine. You immediately jumped into the locker, while the doors swiftly closed behind you. The creaky doors made no sound which gave you an advantage. Thoughts of fear and anxiety plagued your mind as this decision of hiding in a locker could shift the balance of the game.

The cries of agony coming from Steve had flooded into your ears, but only for a mere moment. His cries were no more, but he was not injured nor knocked. A couple of those strange knives must have hit the brunette.

The thumping of your beating heart continued, but why? Was the Trickster no longer chasing Steve? To your surprise, the highlighter jacket appeared in the view of the locker. He must have gone back to hit the generator. The regressing of the gen was not the worse thing ever, but if he had learned certain skills from the other killers it could be problematic.

Your heart began pounding faster as the Trickster slowly turned the direction of your locker. Your thoughts were racing along with your thumping heart. There could be no possible way he knew. Why? Why you? You were so quick and quiet when going into the locker and he definitely saw Steve. He even chased him! Why is he deciding to check a locker now? There was no way he decided to linger here.

Your thoughts were immediately ceased as the creaky locker doors flung open, revealing a bloodied man with that annoying bright neon yellow jacket. Your heart sank to your stomach. Already getting hooked without a single gen being done, how bothersome. A shocked smile bursted on his face, causing you cringe.