we have to do something

☼  ☼  ☼

☼ ☼ ☼

The hotel the school had chosen for the trip was nothing short of disappointing. Not only was the building incredibly outdated, but it was very unkempt. Andi was less than pleased, and being stuck inside a building that irritated her enhanced senses did nothing to help the situation. The only thing that helped was knowing she was sharing a room with Gwen and MJ.

"Are you guys changing before we go to the Museum?" Gwen asked MJ and Andi.

Andi looked over at Gwen from her place atop the small desk in the room. While she wanted to take a nap, she couldn't exactly bring herself to get into her bed. She wasn't sure what she'd find in it. "I think I'll just stick to what I'm wearing," she answered.

"Are you sure about that?" MJ asked, her brow raised.

"What's wrong with what I'm wearing, Michelle?"

"Nothing's wrong with what you're wearing," Gwen reassured Andi, sending a chastising glare MJ's way. "I think you look cute. You both do."

"Then why ask if we're changing?" MJ chuckled.

"I figured we could coordinate," Gwen spoke with a bright smile on her face. "If you guys wanted to dress up, I was gonna dress up with you, but I'm good with the casual and comfortable look, too."

"Good, because I'm not changing either," MJ said to her. "Neither should you, because you look great."

"Thanks, MJ," Gwen said, her smile seeming to get brighter at the sound of MJ's compliment.

Andi narrowed her eyes at the expression on Gwen's face but didn't speak on it. Instead, she hopped off the desk and started for the door. "Does this mean we can go now?"

"Yes, Cranky Pants, we can go," MJ teased her.

Andi chuckled and started out of the room, followed closely by Gwen and MJ.

About an hour later, Andi and the rest of her classmates were in the heart of Venice admiring the scenery and the many shops and activities the beautiful city had to offer. Ned and Betty were busy doing all the things new couples did. Flash was still live-streaming. MJ, Gwen, and Andi were running around taking as many pictures as they could with the help of Brad Davis. Peter had disappeared into one of the shops. All in all, Andi was content for once. It felt good to be surrounded by the few people she cared so deeply for, and she felt a certain comfort not having to deal with the pressure of being Recluse.

"Look at all the pigeons," Gwen giggled from her spot beside Brad. "They love you guys!"

Andi rolled her eyes and looked at the pigeon on her shoulder, her face contorting slightly. Her and MJ had fallen victim to the dozens of birds littering the square, and while Andi valued wildlife and life itself, she wasn't sure she enjoyed being a human perch. Brad and Gwen thought it to be incredibly amusing, however, and had been taking pictures nonstop.