it should've been you

☼  ☼  ☼

☼ ☼ ☼

Several hours later, Peter and Andi found themselves in Berlin. They jumped off the train that'd taken them and swung their way down to the ground below. They stopped for a moment when they realized they had no idea where they were supposed to go to find Fury. Peter attempted to ask one of the locals, but was dismissed when she ran away from the pair screaming about "Night Monkeys". Andi simply grabbed him, and the two started running down the street. They didn't make it too far, though, as a slick black Audi pulled to a stop in front of them. Nick Fury was in the driver's seat, and he instructed the teens to get in. Peter hopped into the car without hesitation, and while Andi did get in, she felt a bit off.

"Mr. Fury—"

"You've got a lot of explaining to do," Fury said to Peter. Andi sat in the backseat quietly observing the two of them. There was something off about Fury, something off about his timing. There was no way he could've known the two were on their way to Berlin, and there was no way for him to know why. Andi wouldn't speak up on it just yet, however. She had a plan in place, and it involved wherever he was taking them.

Fury soon pulled into Europol Headquarters. The three of them made their way inside. Andi observed her surroundings rather intently, looking for anything out of the ordinary. She still felt incredibly uneasy, and that feeling continued to grow as they ventured further and further into the building.

They eventually stepped into a rather lavish office, where Maria Hill, or what looked like Maria Hill, stood in the far corner of the room. There was another body present, though, and the mere sight shocked Andi. She hadn't been expecting her there at all, and given what she'd learned about Beck in the last several hours, she wasn't so sure she was even real. She wasn't sure anything around her was real.

"Is there anything you two would like to tell us about your girlfriend?" Fury asked.

"He's talking about EDITH," Maria Hill clarified.

"Look, I made a mistake and I'm sorry, but he is not who you think he is," Peter informed the two of them, his eyes shifting to Aurora. "She can tell you."

"Tell them what, Peter?" Aurora asked.

"That Beck is a liar," Andi answered. "That Mysterio and the Elementals are all fake. But you knew that, didn't you?"

Aurora narrowed her eyes at the teenagers. She seemed to be in thought over the words that were just spoken, but Andi had a difficult time determining whether or not she was being genuine. She hoped Aurora didn't know, and that Beck had purposely kept her in the dark for some sick and twisted reason, but there was a part of her that continued to deny that hope.

"What do you mean it's fake?" Aurora asked them.

"He's been using illusion tech," Peter answered her. "It's how he tricked everyone, it's how he tricked me into giving him EDITH."