let's see what we can do

☼  ☼  ☼

☼ ☼ ☼

Andi crawled up to the rooftop alone to find Peter. After making sure Andi was okay, Gwen disappeared to spend some time with MJ for the sake of leaving Andi and Peter to themselves. Of course, Gwen was worried about her friends and their emotional well-being, given the brief outburst from Nick Fury, but she knew all they needed—and wanted—was each other. They were each other's safe haven and always seemed to brighten even the foulest of moods in one another. Andi was thankful for this, however. She wasn't sure what she would be able to do or say had Gwen come with her, but knowing it would be just her and Peter made her feel a bit more at ease. There was a lot on her mind and a lot of emotion inside her body. Not only had Fury completely angered Andi, but Aurora's appearance had left her perplexed. It'd been so many years since she seen such an annoyingly beautiful face, but she still found she could not believe it. What made matters worse, however, was looking into a pair of eyes that didn't recognize her the way she recognized them. There was so much Andi needed to know, and she wasn't too sure how to get answers. Nothing was making sense, and she had a dreaded feeling it was only going to get worse. She just couldn't put her finger on how.

"You didn't have to come up here, y'know?" Peter said once he sensed Andi's presence.

Andi scoffed and walked over to sit next to Peter. "Just because I don't have to doesn't mean I'm not going to. You've done nothing but be there for me. Let me be there for you, Peter," she responded.

Peter frowned and looked over at Andi. "Fury was right, y'know?"

"Was he, though?" Andi asked.

"Yes," Peter spoke with a serious tone. "Tony chose us—he chose me—and what did I do? I almost killed our friends."

"But you didn't," Andi reminded him. "Look, I know this is difficult, believe me, but we aren't perfect. We never will be. Everyone expects us to be, but it's just unrealistic. We're still kids, Peter."

"That's not what everyone else sees," Peter said quietly.

"I know." Andi let out a breath and scooted closer to him. She rested her head on his shoulder, and he reacted by placing his head atop her own.

"Why did he pick us, Andi?" Peter asked her quietly.

"I really wish I knew, Peter," she replied. She gazed out at the city ahead, wishing nothing more than to experience it the way she planned to when she left for Europe. This wasn't how things were supposed to happen for them. Despite not originally wanting to go on the trip, Andi found her solace in knowing she'd be spending her time with four of the most important people in her life—her best friends. However, that solace had since been ruined, and she now found herself wanting to hop on a plane back to New York.

After a few more moments of comfortable silence between Andi and Peter, their attention was grabbed by not just one, but two figures in the sky. One was without a doubt Mysterio, and in his arms was Aurora.