a perfectly logical explanation

☼  ☼  ☼

☼  ☼  ☼

There was a frown on Andi's face as her friends practically forced her out of the hotel room. Of course, they'd told her what was happening, but the only thing she wanted to be doing was falling asleep. She was also still incredibly upset with Peter and didn't particularly want to spend the rest of the night with him. She wanted time to think about things before she was thrust back into his company. She was angry with him, yes, but the last thing she wanted was to take it out on him. He didn't deserve it.

"Guys, I really don't want to go out," Andi said as the three of them made their way down the stairs an into the lobby. "I kind of just wanted to get some sleep."

"Look..." MJ stopped and turned to look at her. "I say this because I give a shit about you—suck it the hell up. When are you ever going to experience Europe with your best friends again?"

Andi raised her brows. "You do understand I could just bring us all back, right? Then we wouldn't have to deal with noisy chaperones and live-streaming assholes."

MJ rolled her eyes and continued down the stairs. She should've known Andi had something slick to say. "It's the principle of the matter, Andi. Live a little."

Andi groaned and followed Gwen and MJ down the stairs. Peter was at the bottom waiting on them, and his eyes brightened when he noticed Andi. He was sure she wouldn't come with them, but Gwen and MJ had found a way to get her out of the hotel room.

"H-hi, guys," Peter greeted them with a smile on his face.

"What's up, loser?"

"Hey, Peter."

Andi was the only one that didn't speak back to Peter, but she did acknowledge him with a small smile.

"Where do you guys wanna go?" Peter asked them.

"Anywhere but here," MJ answered.

"Awesome, let's go!"

Andi shoved her hands into the pockets of her sweatpants and followed her friends out of the hotel. She made an attempt to fall behind, but when the three of them noticed, they matched her speed. There was no way they were going to let her linger. They knew she didn't want to be out, but they also knew she needed to be. She needed to spend some time with her friends, and this was the first time throughout the entire trip they'd been able to find some time alone together. The only one missing from the group was Ned, but they all knew he was spending his time with Betty.

"Hey," Peter spoke softly to Andi.

"Hey, Peter," Andi said back to him.

It was obvious to him she was still angry with him, as well as upset. He hated that she was, but her feelings were valid. He knew he should've consulted with her before giving the glasses away, but everything happened so quickly, and Andi was nowhere to be found at the time. There was nothing he could do now but make things better between the two of them. It was one reason among others he asked Gwen to meet.