TWO Liya

Why is it that the people you think you love more than yourself are the ones who actually end up bruising not just your emotions, but your ego as well? I mean, go ahead and play with my emotions because clearly they are the public toy for everyone's perusal and I have had to make my peace with it, but why would you decide to simply shatter my pride and ego in order to feed the empty can that is your personality? Fill its emptiness with mud and grow a freaking plant instead of wreaking havoc in someone else's peace of mind.

"Can you stop being such a mind-numbing bitch?" Kyle Morgan, the gutsy frog I supposedly wanted to marry in the future, spews this utter garbage all over the swimming pool and I almost consider breaking his damn nose.

But someone beats me to it, which is great because the level of violence I was considering two seconds ago isn't too acceptable.

"Hey! Don't you dare talk like that to my friend!"

Do you believe in ghosts? Or poltergeists? Or any supernatural entity that is supposed to be evil but unintentionally ends up simmering down the intensity of a pathetic situation that you're stuck in...?

I turn around at the sudden sound of Spencer's voice and witness her gracefully impressive fall into the swimming pool. Since she went face-first into the shallow end, I stare at her antics with amusement. Madame can't balance herself in those devil heels to save her life, I have no idea why she wears them every single day. Had it been a normal day, I would've made sure to click pictures and blackmail her with them for her special cheese pasta. Wow, now I'm suddenly craving the cheese burst.

"I will drown. Oh my god, I will drown. This is how my life ends. I haven't even met Lee Dong Wook yet, what is this!" Watching her flap her arms like a penguin and turn her screams into a gurgling sound seems right out of a cartoon. My chingu is a cartoon character and I get to witness the live show every single day. One of these days, I will take all her high heels and throw them in a dumpster. So, as she struggles against a rather calm atmosphere, I shake my head and swim towards her because her voice is literally blowing up the silence of the closed compound.

"Okay, wild cat. Calm down, you aren't drowning." I help her out of the pool and all this while, Kyle stares at us like the dumb fool he has been for the past two months. I might've been terribly in love with him, but the sad truth of life is that humans react to change differently; while one might be okay with it, the other might just take offence and react in the worst way possible. We might've not said it out loud, but Kyle and I have hit a rough patch in our relationship and it's about time that one of us cuts the kite loose before it ends up around our necks. I don't want to think of him ten years from now with the tangy taste of regret simply because we did help each other grow in one way or the other. He will always be my first love, but also the one who changed drastically for god knows what reason. I don't like being tied down to people just because it is expected of me. What is the point in staying with someone who doesn't make you happy anymore and only living half a life miserably? We all deserve to make our own choices and there is nothing shameful about letting go of all the toxic relationships that are holding you back.

Wow, that was a cliched epiphanic moment for me.

"I'm fine, I'm fine. Go and slap that jerk before I do." Spencer does some weird wave-like wrist movement and I bite back a laugh. Both Spence and April have a habit of talking animatedly, which usually becomes an amazing source of entertainment for me. We are a team of blithering crackheads who go nuts after a massive sugar rush. Once, Spence made an incomprehensible mess of our favourite K-Pop song and April went on a teaching rant to fix the blasphemous pronunciation whilst I sat back and giggled like a drunk buffoon. And all this happened after we emptied one bottle of Lime Soda, sans any alcohol. We are a walking script of the next sitcom, I tell you.