THREE April

Is it acceptable to adore two lunatics as if they are your own children and then totally snap at them for being lazy and unprofessional? I've been staring at my roommates and their weird antics for the past half an hour and even now, they haven't dropped their asses on the dining table. I prepared breakfast by waking up at 5 in the morning, even when I couldn't sleep well at night. I did that because we hadn't been able to eat properly for the past few weeks, thanks to the intense work regime, and I thought maybe having a delightful breakfast under the same roof wouldn't be a headache at all.

I was wrong.

Because I live with children.

"LIYA, WHERE THE HELL DID YOU PUT MY HANDBAG?!" Spencer shouts from her bedroom and I hear a loud crash, followed by a handful of cuss words.

"WHY THE HELL WOULD I PUT YOUR HANDBAG ANYWHERE AT ALL?!" Liya shouts back from her own bedroom and two seconds later, Spencer's glossy maroon handbag comes flying out of Liya's room.

Soon, I stand witness to a very lethal staring contest as Liya and Spencer calmly position themselves in front of each other and don't say a word. If I knew better, I would've assumed that I have been transported to the world of a very dramatic American tv show.

Spencer chillingly picks up her handbag from the floor and loops it onto her right shoulder, never breaking eye contact. Liya, on the other hand, rolls her eyes and turns to look at me.

"I'm hungry."

That's it. Just like that, my anger and frustration fade away like a puff of smoke lost in the air. I had memorized a good scolding for these two buffoons because they don't know the first thing about being punctual whenever I decide to cook for them. But who on earth can resist the temptation to feed a friend who is hungry?

Not me.

I guess they call me a momma for a reason.

"I made chicken noodles," I mutter. "I've been waiting for you both to get your lazy asses out here for the past half an hour."

Without saying anything, Liya and Spencer drop their fight and finally make their long way to the dining table. I roll my eyes at their childishness and sit down myself. Food comes first and I've been craving the taste of my own noodles ever since I started frying the vegetables.

"You guys should really stop ignoring your alarm clocks," I state and take a sip of my coffee.

"It's hard to focus on its ringing after spending an entire day listening to unnecessary office bickering. I'm practically mastering the art of ignorance." Spencer deadpans with a very straight face.

"She's right though. Plus, I think I have water in my ears anyway." Liya mutters under her breath.

"Why aren't you both taking your paid leaves?"

"I'm saving them for something big."

"Me too."

"And what does that something big entail?"

Spencer looks at me with a sparkle in her eyes and I prepare myself for a fantasy tale in which she goes on a trip to South Korea to meet Lee Dong Wook. Liya senses this too because she drops her head on the table and shakes it as if disappointed in me for asking that question.

"I don't know, maybe a girls' trip to a land where aliens are taking refuge." Liya's head shoots up as we both try to comprehend Spencer's messed up "something big."

"Is this your way of saying that you're in Team Kim Soo Hyun now?" I ask.

"Not everything is about kdrama."