TWENTY-TWO Spencer

Yesterday was an emotional ride that I wasn't expecting to be in, especially considering the fact that we are on a happy vacation. But somehow along the way, we became too attached to certain men and seeing some of them leave wasn't as easy as I thought it to be. April was a little upset even though she tried her best to make us believe that she's more than okay. I can see right through her and I know that she is blaming herself for whatever went down between her and Jeremy. I knew she would do this to herself, it was too predictable. Nevertheless, she knows we are here for her, we listened to her explain the whole thing and it took us a while to drill into her head that she isn't some villain who is hurting Jeremy. He came by before leaving, just to make sure that she wasn't beating herself up. I have to say, I respect him more than ever. It was good to see for real that there is a possibility of handling such situations like mature adults.

Anyway, I really suck at saying goodbye so I just stayed low and waved as Jeremy, Jacob and Jace went their way. I don't know what to say, I just kept feeling way too low for my liking and I couldn't make sense of it as we spent the day doing absolutely nothing.

New morning brought new things to focus our attention on. For April, it's spending time with herself so that she'd stop overthinking. She told us that she'll be taking my car and driving around for a couple of hours, which I'm more than okay with. For Liya, it's subtly freaking out about her official date with Julian Johansson. I still haven't been able to wrap my head around this, which sucks because I can't tease her now. He literally asked her out and she said yes, and I'm like... one went on a date, the other has a date, and here I am mending my hormones. Which brings me to what I plan on doing today.

Nothing.

And that nothing involves drowning myself in sugar to even out the agony of period cramps. Seriously though, who gets haunted by the monthly red devil on a vacation?! This just shows how unlucky I really am.

"How are you so chill about this?" I ask Liya as April and I skim through the dresses sprawled over her bed. Yeup, my messy ghost possesses her brains when it comes to picking out dresses.

"Oh I'm not chill. But I figured that overtly freaking out about it won't do me any good." She turns her back on the full-length mirror and looks at us. "Should I comb my hair into a fountain ponytail? Wait, is that even possible?"

We stare at her.

Wow, it is safe to say that this vacation has royally screwed us up. We are doing things and talking weird shit the way we have never done before.

"Listen, Liya?" April stands up and puts her hands on her shoulders. "If you're freaking out, don't hide it. Act on it and everything will supposedly be fine. That's the best you can do. And be yourself, have a good time, make memories. He definitely likes you, we all could see it. Plus, it's a good thing your own celebrity crush asked you out. It doesn't happen everyday, so cherish it."

I blink. Liya stays still.

"Wow, was that another impromptu lecture from Jeremy University?" Both of them glare at me. "What? Blame the hormones, I'm riding the crimson wave without a surfboard."

"You need to limit yourself to your bedroom today." Liya mutters.

"Trust me, I have an intimate date with two jars of nutella. I don't plan on blessing lowly homo sapiens with my presence."

"More like cursing." I ignore the comment.

Liya decides to wear her high waist white jeans and an off-shoulder lavender crop top that says Queendom! She pairs the outfit with jet black ankle boots and wears silver hoops as the only accessory. We give her a big thumbs up before she gets a call from Julian and heads out. April and I giggle like fangirls as we watch the two of them from the living room window. Borderline creepy, yes.