TWENTY Liya

I stare at the blue dress that got major thumbs up from both of my friends. Amazing, I think to myself. I do have an attire that fits well with the occasion. It takes me half an hour to get ready, before which I watch April run around the house like a confused child. This is what she does. When she wants to clear her head, she'll either go for a walk out in the open or simply rush here and there in the space that closed walls offer, either setting things right or talking to herself. So, we tend to let her be because that's how she gets control over herself. And I'm sure that's what she needs right now... control.

Since we both know that Spencer really sucks at picking out clothes at the last minute, we literally shut her inside her bedroom and asked her to come out only when she's ready. After much thought over everything, April steps out of her bedroom, wearing a black jumpsuit with a silver belt and her hair tied up in a top knot.

"You okay now?" I ask her as she plays with the keychain on her purse.

"Yep. I'll see how it goes and respond to the situation accordingly."

"That's the best way to go about it. I hate to say this, but Spencer does have a point. What if we are reading too much into this because our souls are hopelessly romantic?"

"If she's actually right, she won't let us hear the end of it."

"That's what I'm afraid of." I sigh. "Anyway... don't overthink. Just see it as you getting a chance to go out with the eldest member of your favorite band. Who are we kidding, the fandom would literally wanna jump countries just to be in your position."

"You're right. I should make the most of it."

"YEAH MAKE THE MOST OF IT, MOMMA BEAR!" Spencer shouts from her bedroom.

"Aren't you supposed to be getting ready?" I hear silence. "If I kick open your door right now, will I find a very messy Spencer Donovan's ear plastered against the door pane?"

"I can't hear you, I'm currently talking to the teddy bear on my onesie."

"And people tell me I am the youngest one here."

"Well, they say that because you are the youngest one."

"Oh, just get out already." I give her a hug and close the door as she steps out with determination evident on her face. Good for her.

I go back to my room and coolly wiggle into my dress for the evening. Good thing I have short hair, I won't have to spend extra time combing out knots. When my hair was long, it was insanely curly and the days I picked to wash them were the days I cried the most in agony. I often made Spencer help me, she is weirdly good at getting rid of any kind of knots. The woman can do that with her eyes closed and I make full use of it.

Ten minutes later, Spencer and I happily walk along the same path that threw us face-to-face with EuphoNia for the first time.

* * *

I can sense Spencer's agitation at the absence of a certain someone and it is too damn hard to not tease her about it. It seriously feels like she is walking on pins and needles and can't find a comfortable spot to relax in. Currently, we are all settled in the royal living room I will not talk about, and the boys are dramatically explaining how Jeremy made them practice the art of serving drinks without spilling. I will also not talk about how breathtaking they look in their smoothly ironed tuxedos. Words won't do justice and that will be a heinous crime.

Spencer keeps scratching her right cheek, which is what she does when she wants to get out and be by herself. As if on count, she asks where the bathroom is and I internally laugh. I knew she would do that, I hope Noah shows up soon. But then again, if she sticks to this evident agitation, it'll be more fun to tease her about it. Call me evil, but that's the whole point of our friendship... we don't let things go just like that.