TWENTY-EIGHT Spencer

There are a few things to keep in mind when you get stuck in a moment and instead of thinking rationally, end up doing something as stupid as kissing the boy you might never meet again. First, you either let that moment be and move on immediately, leaving absolutely no room for further similar situations. Second, you accept and acknowledge your feelings for each other and do something about it instead of shoving the whole thing under a rug without any questions asked. Either way, there is some clarity as to where both the parties involved stand thus erasing any second thoughts. However, it's a totally laughable situation when you stand with your two feet stranded on two different boats that are going in opposite directions. No matter how much of a gymnast you might be, you will fall flat into the water one way or the other.

"But I don't understand what the problem is..." April muses. "He asked you out on a date and you said yes because you like him. It's good, right?"

"No, April... It's far from good. It's the worst thing ever."

"There she goes with all the paranoid overthinking." Liya mutters and throws herself on my bed.

"I'm pretty sure it's like having full eyesight and choosing to walk straight into a trap." I reason, obviously unaware of how retarded I sound.

Liya and April share a glance and then turn to look at me, their faces clearly telling me that I'm making zero sense to them. I shake my head in disbelief because how on earth can I not make sense to women as profound as them?! This will not resolve until I break it all down for them, which might be insightful for me as well.

"Okay listen up, you both." I start, clearing my throat. "I seriously think that going on a date with Noah is a crazy idea."

"Why?"

"Because he's the perfect Prince Charming that we don't read about in fairytales, which shows that this entire thing is unrealistic, plus we are leaving right after the weekend. So what's the point?"

"Then why did you say yes?"

"I don't know..."

"I think you do know, Spencer."

"Really? Is my unconscious mind suddenly your best buddy?"

"You like him, he likes you. What's the problem?"

"The problem is that this will not go anywhere. No matter how much I feel comfortable around him, bottom line is that we live in two completely different worlds and only ran into each other by sheer dumb luck. As much as I wanna believe that long distance is an option, the truth is... it's not an option. Not for me. So this entire thing seems pointless. I'm digging into the sand to find a water spring that does not exist."

"Spencer..." Liya says. "Did we not have a conversation about making the most of this and not regretting later?"

"We did, but it's hard to be practical about it."

"It's not. You're making it hard by thinking too much. Just go out with him, spend some time together so that two years from now, you don't feel like killing yourself for letting him go without trying. Questioning every single thing you do with him and then compulsively connecting it with the future will do you no good, trust me. So just accept that you have only two days with him and make the most of it whilst you're at it."

"Is that what you're doing with Julian?"

"I mean, apart from his bomb about going on tour with him, I think we'll just see where it goes."

"Why did you say no again? Rambling about making the most of whatever you have, you were pretty quick at throwing it off the edge."

"Hey," She points a finger at me. "You don't go on tour with a singer you met some weeks ago. That's just bizarre. Plus my whole life is in the city, with you guys. Why should I uproot myself and follow him like a lost puppy just because Julian and I like each other? And what's the guarantee that jumping countries with him won't jeopardize our own time together? World tours are crazy sick."