twelve

—victoria

they've been at the beach for countless hours, swimming, sunbathing, taking pictures and messing around.

after all that, victoria finally decides to take a break and she lets herself fall on the warm sand. the sun is slowly starting to set, so she doesn't get blinded by its light.

with her right hand she starts drawing random shapes on the ground beside her body, her eyes closed as she's breathing calmly.

her friends are not so loud for once, since thomas and damiano were still swimming with anastasia and kostas and mr and mrs lovebirds luisa and ethan had gone for a walk.

suddenly she felt someone approach her and lay down next to her, then letting out a big sigh. she opens her eyes curiously and peeks at the newcomer.

“hi vic.” says xenia and gives the bassist a small smile when she notices the girl had sensed her presence.

“hi.” she says and turns to face her properly.

“i'm sorry, were you sleeping? did i wake you up?” xenia says, realisation hitting her with a delay.

“no, no i was just relaxing for a little bit.” victoria assures her. “what's up?”

“i came to keep you some company.” the girl says and shrugs, trying to look as convincing as possible.

“very sweet of you.” the blond smiles softly. “come on, i can see you're dying to say something. go on, say it.”

“it's just... this whole day has been surreal, if you know what i mean? like, you guys are one of my favourite bands and now i literally just spent half a day with you! it feels kind of like a dream...” the younger confesses and then sighs. “god, that was cheesy wasn't it? i'm sorry i take it back.”

“nah it's fine. i understand what you mean. to be honest with you this hasn't happened to us before. and while bumping on fans by itself is nice, bumping onto them during our vacation isn't exactly the best.” victoria says but then sees shame wash over the younger's face and hurries to add “but this isn't the case with you! i mean you and your friends are all super fun! plus you haven't been treating us like we're made out of gold, more like treating us like human beings.”

“i'm glad you don't feel intruded honestly. i can't imagine what it would feel like if i were in your place.” xenia says and looks into the horizon, where the sun is slowly starting to set.

“hey! don't get so poetic now! we're here to have fun, not sort out our positions as artist and fan! i, for once, see you as a potential friend, not just a fan who is stuck behind me like my tail.” the older says and smiles when she sees the small smile crack on xenia's lips. “okay enough of that! we need a new topic.”

“let's play ‘never have i ever’ then.” xenia suggests and then calls for the others.

“the sun is going to set soon.” anastasia comments when she joins them on the warm sand, damiano, thomas and kostas following suit.

“as long as we have mosquito repellent we're good.” kostas assures everyone. “the mosquitoes here are blood-thirsty at night.”

“then let's start the game and when our lovebirds are back we can go get some food.” damiano adds as he lights up a cigarette.

where are they though?” thomas addresses victoria and damiano.

“either fucking under the sunset or living their disney movie.” damiano says and blows some smoke, the others laughing at his comment and finally starting the game.

.

.

.
lil filler chapter teehee