twenty one

—xenia

when finally awake, xenia checks the time on her phone. she's been asleep for at least two hours.

the house is pretty quiet. she gets up and goes down the stairs to check if anyone is still at home.

she only finds anastasia sleeping with her laptop still playing an episode of ‘sex education’. the blonde quietly makes her way to her friend and pauses the episode, then exits the room with the same quiet steps.

she finds a note taped on the small fridge, written by luisa.

kostas got a call from his mom so he went to see her. i'm with ethan but i will be home by 6 pm.
— luisa <3

xenia shrugged and opened the freezer, knowing very well that there is ice cream in there.

she took one of the leftover cones and enjoyed the frozen air the freezer emitted, then closed it and went back upstairs.

her phone was radio silent. no messages, no notifications whatsoever.

when she got home she didn't say a word to anyone. she knows that her friends are intrigued by her behavior, provided that she went out with the girl of her dreams, or so she thought.

because as much as she enjoys victoria's company, last night she realized that that's about it.

it feels weird. she's spent so much time picturing how happy she'd be if she ever got the chance to date a girl like victoria and yet now that she's basically doing exactly that, she doesn't feel the same excitement.

she cares about victoria the same way she cares about luisa, kostas and anastasia, nothing more than that.

and victoria seems to see it the same way. because when they went out, their previous touchiness and intimacy was absent.

she has one week left to try and fix this, try and save this friendship.

it will be harder now since the paparazzi finally spotted the band, so being seen with them is probably a hard no at the moment.

come on, xenia. she's your friend.” she mutters and grabs her phone, determined to try and save the still blooming friendship.

xenia
hey vic
we need to talk

—victoria

only two things can stress victoria out in this world and these are the band outfits not being of her liking at the last minute and the words ‘we need to talk’.

she taps the notification and types her reply, her hands shaking as she presses send.

vic
yes we do

cazzo she saw it.” she mutters, biting her bottom lip as she anxiously watches the three dots move, waiting for xenia to reply.

xenia
so
i hope that after this we can still be friends

is she going to confess? fuck i don't want to hurt her...” she mutters again and watches in agony as the three dots move.

xenia
ik what happened last night was fun and all
but i realized that i don't see you as anything more than a friend
i hope that's how you feel as well
because you're a very fun person
and i want to keep you as a friend
just nothing more than that
i hope that's okay with you too

victoria let out the largest sigh in her entire life as she read the messages one by one, happy that her new friend feels the same way.

vic
oh my god you scared me you bitch
yes it's okay i feel the same way
im so glad you got the balls to tell me so fast because i would avoid it until i grew old

xenia
you should be glad im so ballsy then

vic
my dick is still bigger

xenia
yeah definitely
you and your middle schooler humour

vic
oh you're so funny 🙄

they keep texting back and forth, both feeling a weight lift off of their chests as their newborn friendship is still afloat.

.

.

.
filler chapter bcs idk
i didn't want more couples into the story i hope xenia and vic weren't your otp 🗿
if they were i am sorry go read my four different vic fics to make yourself feel better 🤩🤩