thirteen

—ethan

while their friends are sat down playing games, ethan and luisa were living their disney movie like damiano guessed.

luisa had found a spot on the beach and they had laid down the spare towel they'd taken with them before leaving.

so now they're sitting down, watching the sun set and talking.

just small facts.
about their lives, their hobbies, their families, their friends.
but also the music they're into, the places they enjoy being in the most.

one asked, the other answered. it was like playing tennis with words. and when someone wanted to add a story to the fact they'd just shared, the other listened carefully, doing their best to understand through their accents.

“...and that's how me and xenia got chased down by security guards. sounds funny but we were scared to death when it happened.” luisa finishes off, watching in satisfaction the amused grin on ethan's face.

“so you were chased because you tried to get inside an abandoned building?”

“well technically it is trespassing...” luisa says and watches ethan hide a giggle. “what?”

“nothing, you just...” he stops to pick out his words, translating everything in his head as he goes. “at first glance, you look like this very careful, confident and collected person and the stuff you've been telling me so far are totally tearing that image down.”

luisa chuckles, amused by the older's reaction.
“a lot of people have told me that, to be fair. i guess ‘don't judge a book by its cover’?” she says and shrugs, an awkward smile on her face.

“for me, i liked the cover so i gave the rest of the book a chance.” he says and states into the horizon, where the sun is almost set.

“very poetic of you mister torchio!”

“i am something of a poet myself.” he says and poses like a renaissance painting.

luisa giggled.
“wait you are something of a poet actually. since, you guys write your own songs..?” luisa trailed and watched as his face lit up with pride.

“that's true.” he says and then goes into detail about their writing sessions. how someone starts with a base and the others add suggestions, slowly building up a song from scratch. according to him, most songs are written by damiano to a large percent or even entirely, but there are also lyrics that had come to life with everyone's help.

just then, luisa's phone rings.

hello?” she says, giving ethan an apologetic look when she picked up. “oh shit we lost track of time!—yes, yes we're coming back now. no bitch we weren't fucking. tell kostas that i'm sorry he's going to eat with a delay.” the last comment was sarcastic and she chuckled lightly, her nose scrunching cutely. “okay see you in a bit!

she hangs up and looks at ethan, who had a riddled expression on his face since he doesn't understand greek.

“it was xenia. you know, my friend with the blond hair?” ethan nods. “she said they're starting to get hungry so we should probably go back now.”

ethan nods and gets up, then helping her up as well. they pick up the towel and give it a shake to remove any sand grains from it and start walking towards their friends, hand in hand and chatting away.

with each word, ethan felt his heart get more and more excited. he was walking on a beach, the sun finally set, holding hands with a girl he finds more than just beautiful. it's a forgotten and weird feeling. but it also felt so right to him.

.

.

.
soft chapter because i am soft for ethan.