sixteen

—ethan

after that encounter and the realization that followed, ethan finally knows what he wants.

but would a relationship with luisa be easy? she lives in a different country and has a totally different life.

he could ask her to come with him to italy —no that's too fast.
he is willing to try long distance, but does she feel the same way?

there are so many question marks running inside his head.

he only knows that he cares infinitely about her, but there are so many things in the way.

you're always so calm and the second it comes to your own issues you lose your shit so easily.” victoria comments and pulls him out of his thoughts.

but how can i even be calm?” he says and throws his hands in the air. “there are a million things that could go wrong!”

ethan. she's literally head over heels for you. you can't do anything to fuck up, at least right now.”

you're not helping with that last one.” he comments.

the girl sighs and sits next to him on the edge of the pool, the sudden contact of the water on her skin making her shiver. damiano and thomas are long gone, swimming somewhere out of their sight.

this morning they chose the hotel's pool instead of a beach because of the news that they are on the island slowly spreading around.

so now, victoria finally has the chance to see why her friend has been so off this morning.

okay, let me get this straight; last night you went out all by yourself at like two in the morning, sat there just staring into nowhere like the main character you are and some flaming hot local girl hit on you. and you, despite finding her hot, politely rejected her and returned to your room?” she blinks a few times while she is waiting for his answer.

well yes.”

so after you did that and went back to your room you finally realized that you are in love with luisa.” victoria finishes off her mental notes.

mhm.” he nods.

and you didn't sleep all night because of that realization because of all the different ways things could go.

ethan nods again

so now you are?

overthinking.” he admits.

victoria smiles.
and you know better than anyone that overthinking doesn't get you anywhere, right?

right.” he gives her a small smile.

my advice is that you shoot your shot. well, your other shot. i'm sure it will go well, edgar!” she nudges him with her shoulder. “i mean if she rejects you it's completely her loss, not yours! you're hot and it's not your fault if she fails to see that! —though i can guarantee you that she definitely sees it.

ethan cracks a small smile.
thanks vic.

come on, you'd do the same for me.”

that's true.” he says and she flashes him a genuine smile, before —with that same smile on her face— she pushes him right into the pool without a warning.

i take that ‘thank you’ back. you no longer deserve it.” he says when his head is out of the water.

if you need any more affirmations i'm sure our two official hypemen will be more than happy to help.” she says and gestures at the two missing members of the band. “speaking of which, where's damiano?

as soon as the words left her lips, she felt two hands on her back and next thing she knew, she is floating beside ethan.

that's what you get for messing with our ethan.” damiano says and jumps into the water as well, while thomas has swam up to them.

now. we are going to that party tonight, aren't we?

can i invite luisa and her friends?

i already invited xenia, she said they're all coming.

vaffanculo there goes my smooth move of the day.” ethan says jokingly.

don't worry you have a whole night to be smooth to her, let the poor girl do her thing.” thomas says, side-eyeing victoria, whose cheeks have taken a light pink shade at the guitarist's comment.

.

.

.
do i see a side ship form here? mayhaps 👀