Chapter 6- Reaction

Chapter 6- do inline comments please

.................................................................................................................. 

Everyone went silent for a moment or so.Anokhi failed to process what she heard as she was not in the least expecting such a reckless behaviour from Mia.It is true that somewhere deep down she too was suspicious about her daughter's relation with Dhruv but never did she think of things  becoming this complicated.

"Is this true Mia?"...Anokhi moved forward and gripped her shoulder gently.

"Mom..let me explain...I..."

"YES OR NO MIA!!!"....Shaurya yelled causing everyone's heart skip a beat.

Mia immediately shot a glance at her dad who evidently was hell angry.Never before had Shaurya talked this rude to her.She was always his pretty princess .She don't even remember the last time he called her by her name.She was ready to face every single accusation that her brothers showered on her as she believed that no matter what,her dad would definitely support her.So obviously she wasn't expecting this sudden outburst from his part.Her eyes watered at once.She felt a pricking pain deep inside.

Mia struggled to form words as a lump soon formed on her throat preventing her from talking.All she wanted to do at that time was run out and cry till her mind settles.

She gazed at her dad with heavy eyes.He was running out of patience waiting for her reply.She gathered some courage and tried speaking.

"Dad...it's nothing like what you are thinking..."...she choked.

"It's..."

"Enough!!..I asked you something.Give me a straight damn answer Mia.I really don't want to hear any other nonsense!Are you getting it?"....Shaurya grabbed her wrist and pulled her forward.She stood facing him with her head hanging low.

"We are just fri... friends!"she stammered 

"And you kiss every bloody friend of yours like you did today?"...Leo asked losing his cool.

"Leo!!!"...Anokhi interrupted and glared at him.

"Mom... seriously! I can't believe that you are taking her side."-Leo said 

"I am not taking anybody's side.Let her speak her part.Stop scaring her like this!"

Leo turned away at once to prevent himself from lashing out again.

"Leo..."...Mia uttered.

"Leo...please try and understand.We were just talking casually and..."...she said while taking shaking steps towards her brother who was standing with his back facing her.

"And you ended up kissing him?"...Antonio cut her in the middle.

Mia looked back at once and so did Leo. She struggled to meet her eyes with her father's and uncles .No matter how much she tried ,she knew that he is not going to calm down any time near.She looked apologetically at Anokhi and Nandini who were not yet over the shock.

"Don't you dare drag your mother in between."... Shaurya spoke as if reading her thoughts.

"Is this my reward for trusting you blindly?I have fulfilled every single wish of yours.Did something go wrong from my part that you were running this kind of affair with a boy like him behind my back?"

"I can explain dad.Please hear me once!"...Mia stammered.

"Did I ever behave like a dominant father?I thought that we were best friends.You had the freedom to tell me anything.Then why?...why the hell did you hide this from me?"