A Special Meeting

——2000 years ago——

The room was grand. It was circular, around the size of a basketball court. The ceiling was high, to the point that it seemed like a blurry darkness. In the center of the room, there was a golden table with rather intricate designs. Around the table sat the 8 greatest powers of the world, the people who maintained the world and kept it from falling apart completely, the Octogram.

"So, what is this times Walpurgis about?" Dagruel asked. He had just awoken from a 500 year slumber after Veldora turned him into a power source for the revitalisation of the Barren Lands.

"Yeah yeah! Guy what is it this time? Why do we have so many guests?" Ramiris questioned as she pointed at all the strong men that sat in 3 neat rows surrounding the table at the center from all sides.

"This time's Walpurgis is special." Guy responded. "As you can all see, all immortal beings have been gathered in this room. So, let me get straight to the point." Guy straightened his face and continued, "This world has gone dull. Everyone here thought world peace was the solution, including me. However it did not work well. This new generation of  humans have started to lose their ego. Personalities are bland, people show less emotions, everyone lives for their jobs. Eat, work and sleep. These are the only things that people do. There is no liveliness. It would be even worse for us beings in this room with an indefinite lifespan."Guy cleared his throat and continued with a proposal that shocked everyone in the room, "Demon Lord Rimuru and I, Guy Crimson, have come with the proposal that everyone of us in this room shall retreat from this world for 2000 years. We shall enter a separate dimension isolated from the Cardinal World, letting humans do whatever they please. Only after 2000 years can we return to the Cardinal World and blend in as normal civilians. We will not be allowed to start any major power of any sorts once we return. We shall observe the happenings of the world and only intervene shall the possible destruction of the world happen."

Once Guy finished his sentence, there was a huge commotion.

"What is the meaning of this?"

"Rimuru-sama when did you plan this?"

"What are we going to do for 2000 years then?"

Questions like such started sprouting up from the crowd behind the demon lords. It was quite intense.

"Silence!" Dagruel shouted. "There should be order. Questions and opinions will be heard 1 by 1." Dagruel continued, "Then Guy, I would like to turn down this proposal for all of us. I have finally returned, wanting to peacefully live life with my people in a city that is now peaceful with no threat to  fear that one day will wipe us out."

After hearing Dagruel's arguement, Guy then spoke once again, "Exactly. There are people who do not want to go as they do not want to leave behind others. That is why we will do this fairly. We shall hold a vote. Those who wish to follow through with this plan, please stand up. If the majority agree, we shall all proceed with the plan. For those who disagree, I ask you to refrain from protesting."

Hearing that, of the 42 people in the room

-Rimuru
-Guy
-Dino
-Dagruel(disagree)
-Ruminas
-Leon
-Ramiris
-Milim
-Veldora
-Velzard
-Velgrynd(disagree)
-Diablo
-Testarossa
-Carrera
-Ultima
-Raine
-Mizeri
-Benimaru
-Zegion
-Kumara
-Adalman+Albert+Wenti
-Shion
-Geld
-Gabiru
-Ranga
-Hinata(disagree)
-Masayuki(disagree)
-Chloe(disagree)
-Apito
-4 Dragon Lords
-Gadra
-Carrion
-Frey
-Beretta
-Laplace
-Tear
-Souei

37, a large portion, of the people in the room stood up. Those who were against it wanted to protest, but knew that this was a formal occasion, and continued to keep quiet. Though opinions were said to be heard later, they knew non of it would change the results anymore.

Even so, Hinata spoke up boldly, "Guy, since we will be leaving the Cardinal world behind, do we get a chance to appoint the next leaders of our organisations and countries?"

Guy, who thought that Hinata had asked a great question, stood up and responded, "Unfortunately, I cannot allow you to do that. Doing that will defeat the purpose of us leaving. Already powerful countries and organizations will remain almighty while less powerful ones will immediately crumble to the ground and disappear. Doing so will completely disrupt this 500 year peace of absolute power balance."

Hearing that, people who had same worries realised the meaning of Guy's words.

With majority agreeing, everyone had no choice but to follow through with the plan.

Seeing that the plan would be followed through with, Guy snapped his fingers, expanding the room to 5 times as large as it used to be, shifting everyone's chairs proportionately to the expansion.

"Rimuru, if you may please," Guy requested.

Upon Guy's request, the table in the center disappeared, and Rimuru stood up. He walked to the center and stretched out his arms wide. From the ground rose a large gate that was double doored. The design was rather plain. It looked like those castle gates you saw in TV shows.

Though there were holes, nobody could see through what was behind the gate. But once Rimuru pushed them open, beyond the gate was a lively seen. It was an open field with luscious green grass and beautiful flowers of variant colors. Beyond the field, there were many small and pretty huts. They seemed well built and looked like a brand new village.

After finishing summoning the gate, Rimuru informed everyone, "We will be moving into the village within this sub-dimension I have created. We shall spend our daily lives here. There will be a timer up in the sky above the village that will count the 2000 years. The day the timer hits 0, the gate shall open and we shall start our daily lives back in the Cardinal Worlds as civilians."

With that, all the immortal beings of great power and influence disappeared from the Cardinal world. Demons were banned from accepting summons and spirits were told to keep extremely low profiles.

On that day, the world plundered into chaos as the leaders all vanished without a trace. Greedy and selfish people saw opportunities to rise to the top and took it. First civil wars broke out within most nations, then wars between nations competing for supreme power over the region. Thalion, Dwargon and Tempest, unhappy about the endless number of wars breaking out, sent out powerful attacks of mass destruction, wiping out most nations.

They thought they had ended all the wars, but many of the surviving countries united to attack those three and sent out the best they had as well. Though Tempest was said to be undefeatable, without Rimuru or Benimaru, they could not operate at all. There were many miscommunications everywhere.

Through this short exchange of powerful attacks against each other. Everyone and everything had been destroyed. All that was left were people in villages at the edge of Ingrassia where the ocean met land, Dwarfs that hid so far underground in the mines that no magic managed to reach then, monsters that hid deep in the mountains near the Jura Forest where nobody bothered to check, Giants who fled to the farthest of west beyond what used to be known as the Barren Lands and Elves that ran to the southmost edges of Ulgrasia.

Within 2 months, The Wipeout had annhialated the world leaving 500 sentient beings behind. A war that on the surface was hell and a disaster, but secretly let to the birth of a future generation of nations that thrived without relying on the power of greater beings...

———————————————————————————
This is just prologue to build foundation. Writing main story next.