The Gods have returned?

—Present Day—

It was the break of dawn. The sky was barely lit and the castle lights were off.

"May we have an audience with the king?" A teenage girl asked. She was stunningly beautiful. It was an unusual sight. Behind her even stood 17 humanoid creatures that came in all shapes and sizes, and to her side stood a sloppy looking man.

"I'm sorry but we do not have permission to permit just anyone to have an audience with His Majesty, especially this early in the day." One of the castle guards politely replied.

A slim and tall man, dressed in wierd black and white clothes, cleared his throat, raised his forearm slightly and turned his fingers into claws. He then spoke up, "I believe My Lord has requested an audience with the king of this country. Or do you wish-"

"Stop it!" The teenage girl cut off the man.

The man stood down upon her command.

The guard attempting to retain his composure, calmly responded, "I- I'll see if I can make the arrangements..." before rushing off.

"Thank you very much!" The teenage girl half shouted to ensure the guard heard her words of gratitude.

-

The 19 people were guided into a room. The room was super lavish, with a large chandelier hanging from the high ceiling and pots filled with neatly arranged flowers in every corner of the room.

Behind the door, there was a slight commotion.

"What is the meaning of this? The sun hasn't even risen and I have a meeting?"

"I'm sorry Your Majesty, but they did not give me a choice at all."

"What do you mean by that? Aren't you an Elite Royal Guard?"

"Well..."

The door burst open.

In walked the King with the guard that was at the gates along with another 20 elite royal guards. The King was unexpexted. Instead of the stereotypical short and fat entitled king, this one was tall, muscular and treated his guards with lots of respect... well for a king.

"Greetings. What urgent business do you have that you had to meet me so early in the morning?"  The King said while trying to fix his bed hair through the top of his crown.

"Well I want to keep a very low profile so I came when people were asleep." The girl explained. "Anyways, you see... I would like to make a contract. One that would benefit both parties very well."

"Hmm. Interesting... I wonder what you could possibly offer my nation that holds so much power without much support from other nations. Carry on."

"Have you ever heard of uh... hmm what did they call it again? Ah yes. Have you ever heard stories of, The Wipeout?"

All of a sudden, the guards all unsheathed their swords and pointed at the teenage girl.

"What! How do you know of that event! The event has been kept a secret by an agreement between major countries across the world! Tell us which country told you that!" A guard, with seemingly heavier armor than the rest, shouted.

"Now now Robert. We must not treat our guests like that, especially with the information they hold." The King said as he gestured for the guard named Robert to stand down.

"But Your Majesty—"

"This is an order."

With that, the guards all stood down and got back into a neat row behind the king.