Through Eren's Eyes (Part 4)

Another year had passed and the two elves had finally made it to the land where Ingrassia's capital once stood.

"Nothing again..."

"It's fine. We still have towns near the sea to check."

"That's true. Lets go."

-

After 3 weeks, Eren and Enton finally made it out of the forest just before the plains near the ocean.

"Mmm! The air near the sea is so refreshing!" Eren exclaimed.

"It sure is." Enton replied in agreement.

The scenery was breathtaking. There was no beach. Onlya cliff that separated land and sea.

At the corner of Eren's eye, she saw the roofs of a few houses in the distance.

"Look over there. There's a village over there. Let's go check it out."

"Sure. Let's go."

-

As the two approached the village, they started hearing the sounds of children playing.

"Enton look! There are people here!" Eren started getting excited.

She dragged Enton to what seemed to be the village's entrance.

As they were nearing the gate, they started hearing panicked shouting.

"No way!"

"Someone call Chief Paul!"

"I'll go!"

As Eren and Enton approached the gate, they were greeted by a man that looked like he was in his mid forties and the rest of the villagers all behind him.

"I don't believe it. When the villagers here said there were elves, I thougt they were hallucinating."

"I suppose you would be the chief?" Enton spoke up

"That's right. My name is Paul." The man, Paul, said.

"My name is Enton, and this is Lady Eren." Enton introduced.

"We welcome to Marduny Village." Paul said. "First off, how about we head to my house for a chat."

-

"Yet again, I can't believe that there are still survivors out there. I thought we were the last ones alive." Paul said.

They were currently in Paul's office for a chat. His wife, Linda,  had just brought tea and left them to talk.

"Well, there is a village of elves all the way down south in Ulgrasia and the east of Dwargon is still lively, but they weren't very friendly." Eren half complained.

"Well, it is still great to know that we aren't the only survivors out there. I was scared because if there weren't anymore survivors out there, everyone in this village would start becoming related by blood in a hundred years or so." Paul explained.

That indeed was not a very ideal situation. Paul felt that not only was it a problem of morals, it could also cause birth defects if one were to unknowingly have a child with their cousin.

"Well, we are on a journey to find other survivors." Enton continued, "Maybe if we wete to find another human village in the future, we would tell them of this place." Eren said.

Paul smiled and nodded

"So, how long do you wish to stay here?" He asked.

"Only about 2 days." Eren replied.

"Well, I apologise that I only have 1 guest room. This is the best we can do for now. Do make yourselves feel at home." Paul said.

"Thank you very much." Eren and Enton both said together.

———————————————————————————

I'm really sorry for all these sloppy chapters. I have terrible jet lag, and i cant feel the slightest bit motivated. I dont want to write when i don't feel motivated cus im scared that my train of thoughts go somewhere else and i mess up the story.

Chapters will come out shorter and slower for a while but i will gradually go back to before.

Again, sorry for letting everyone down after waiting for so long.

Anyways, thanks to everyone that has been reading up till now. I hope everyone ahs a good day ahead.👍