Rimuru's Thoughts

—From Rimuru's POV—

Honestly speaking, I didn't really like this plan.

I spent so long working hard in order to build a "Perfect Country". However, my big mistake of never trying to correct other's views of me played a huge part in this massive failure.

The first generation of Hobgoblins, Orcs and Lizardmen truly admired me. They thought I was this omnipotent being, capable of anything thinkable.

I always wanted to be equals with everyone, having everyone on the same level in this country I founded. I tried telling residents to loosen up when talking with me and that there was no need to be so formal around me. They stubbornly refused and I chose to stop pursuing it.

How naive...

This brand new generation, more specifically, this third generation of people in my country were products of my failure to change my image 500 years ago. They did not see me as their grandparents' savior nor did they revere me like a god. Most of them saw me as the being that forced their families into a debt.

Their parents and grandparents always told them stories of "How Rimuru-sama saved us on the verge of destruction and took us in, so we shall repay this debt and serve Rimuru-sama out of gratitude towards his kindness".

However, since they were born after the old Era of Chaos, they didn't know of the dangers that once roamed around. They didn't know that death was once a commonplace occurrence. They thought that Hobgoblins, High Orcs and Dragonnewts were the very bottom of the evolution chart. They were referred to as "spoilt brats" back on the Earth I was originally from.

It was a chance meeting with Guy. I had gone out to personally clear the ocean that was filled with terrifying sea monsters, at least a "Special A" rank each.

The oceans started to overflow with such strong monsters as times were peaceful and nobody cleared the oceans. It was like a sea full of multiple Charybdis.

While blasting nuclear magic into the ocean, there,  in the far distance, I saw ice. I turned around to see why there was ice near the shores of Ingrassia, only to realise I had gotten carried away and travelled all the way to Guy's domain. "What? Has Carerra taken over my mind?" I jokingly thought to myself.

"Woah! You're finally bored of your bland subjects and came to play!" a voiced called out.

<<Master. I have detected Guy.>>

I know. I turned back to the ice I had saw in the distance but now the little island was blocked by the figure of Guy.

"What? I'm just here to clear these pests lurking in the ocean. Villagers in Ingrassia have been complaining." I explained myself.

"Boo." Guy jeered. "Your so boring. What's so fun about those boring people?"

Hearing his teases, I looked down and sighed. I hated to admit it but he was every bit correct. Only people of the first generation and a few from the second generation seemed to have life in them. They saw meaning in all they do and I would usually attend birthday celebrations that they held.

But, I knew their passing was imminent. By the fourth generation that was coming in only 100 years, only the younger of the second generation and the executives would remain.

I thought back at the words Milim said all those years back. That one phrase that had me appreciate her presence and love for me even more.

"Milim was right..." I muttered to myself.

"Right? Right?" Guy, all of a sudden leaning on my right shoulder mid air, continued teasing me. "Let me make a proposal that could change the world. It will be a world that my dearest friend, Veldanava, had desired." he said spreading his arms wide, as if drawing a big circle in the air.

"Let's hear it..." I responded.

That was how such a simple yet elaborate plan was brought to life.

Now, standing in front of the gate I summoned, I reflected.

Did I have any regrets? Countless.

Who would I miss? Everyone.

Would people hate me for this? Most definitely.

I asked myself one last question.

Will this make everyone happy again?

Let us find out...

I pushed open the gates, revealing the spectacle that was hidden behind the gate.

Stepping in first, I took a deep breath. "Come, everyone! Let us bring forth a brand new era!"

————————————————————————
Next chapter is already out. Enjoy.