Through Eren's Eyes (Part 3)

"Lady Eren... Lady Eren! Lady Eren, please wake up!" Enton's voice sounding rather tense.

"Huh?? Give me another 10 minutes..." Eren said as she rolled over to face the other side.

"Hello Lady Eren, it is a pleasure to meet you." A mysterious voice said.

"Hu- HUH?! Who are you?!"

Eren looked back at Enton and saw that he was on guard with his staff out.

She turned back to see who this person was.

An elf. Long, blonde hair. Clad in dark clothes from head to toe.

"No need to be distressed. My name is Henrietta, and I am here as a representitive."

"Repre...sentative?"

"Yes, I am here to represent Dwargon, or at least what remains of it."

"But I thought that Glenden guy was the leader here?"

Henrietta giggled a bit before she continued, "Glenden? No way. He's still a kid."

"Then who's in charge here?"

"That's what I came here today for. Let's go to a place more private."

-

Eren and Enton were brought to a grand room. The ceiling was high. A chandelier hung in the center of the room.

Eren and Enton wete given a couch to sit on each. Opposite them, Henrietta sat on a slightly more grand couch.

"Let me tell you the situation of Dwargon. Currently, non of its remaining citizens know the situation of the world. We have had each of the cities on lockdown, meaning they have no way to contact the outside world at all."

"Hu- What?"

"This was the last order of King Gazel before he headed for the battlefield."

"S-So you're in charge of Dwargon now?"

"Exactly."

"Then... what about Glenden? Wasn't he the heir or something?"

"See that's the problem. The citizens know that he is the heir, and in the absence of their king, they expect alot from little Glenden. However he is still very much inexperienced. He has no control over his emotions and makes decisions based on them. Not very befitting of a leader, right?"

"I-I see..."

"I have a question." Enton suddenly cuts in to the conversation, "I still do not understand. Why have you been keeping the situation of the world a secret from the citizens? What merit is there to it?"

"Dwargon's citizens are very self-sufficient. They do not need much supervision and can survive alone if their numbers are big enough. However they have been given the illusion that they need a leader to survive. They lack confidence, and seek out someone who has more authority to guide them. But that is where the problem lies. Little Glenden is not fit to be a leader. He lacks confidence, is very emotional and always depends on King Gazel to guide him. You could say he is no different from the other dwarves."

"I-I see..."

Even after the detailed explanation, Eren still felt things did not add up.

"Wait, how do you even give orders? Don't the citizens see Glenden as the one in charge?"

"Oh? That's not really that complicated. I make it look like Glenden is in charge, but he is actually taking orders from me. He knows that I am a close aid of King Gazel, so that should be fine."

"I see... Then last question. Where is Glenden now?"

"Oh Glenden? His fine! Well I could request you do a favour for him."

"What is it?"

-

Stranded. Just when they had found civilisation. Just when they had found people to interact with.

Now, they are all alone again.

"Why...?" Eren whined while sitting on the ground. She looked like a child throwing a tantrum, but for her, it was rather reasonable.

"Lady Eren. Let's be a little more positive. I'm sure there are other towns that are still lively like Dwargon." Enton comforted her. "Come let's set out to find other towns."

Eren, with eyes filled with tears, nodded. She stood up and wiped the tears off her face.

"Let's go..." She said.

———————————————————————————

This chapter is short cus I had to break the chapter in. If i wrote it in 1 it would feel wierd. But next chapter is alr out.

And please read the afterword in the next chapter.