40

S A I N T

Days passed

Days passed. Reyna busied herself with rebuilding her firewall to something stronger-stronger than anything Viktor could ever get through. While she did that, I focused on my work. Everything from my drug shipments to my cover-up businesses were running smoothly. Due to the amount of time I spent, I barely spent any time at home. It didn't matter, though, Reyna never took a break from her computer

Savannah sat across from me. She was wearing a very big black hat that was tilted to the side to match her black lace. I watched her grab her glass of wine and bring it up to her dark red lips where she took a sip.

The restaurant was buzzing with a light sound of classical music playing around us. To everyone else, it looked like we were on a date. However, both Savannah and I knew that was far from reality.

"I've missed you Saint dear," she said, placing her glass back down onto the table.

"How have you been?" I asked. She smiled, showing off her white teeth.

The reason why she was so successful as a spy was because of the way she could wrap almost any man or woman around her finger. When I first came across her, she was a con artist, robbing from some of the richest people and politicians. She tried to slide into my bed and my wallet but failed because I could see right through her. What began as her mission to steal from me sprouted into a job where she makes millions of dollars working for me. For years Savannah had been my favorite person to call when I needed details on someone who I couldn't exactly kill. She not only helped me obtain information from my enemies but blackmail and extort them. It made the game so much more fun.

"I'm perfect," she said.

Just then, a waiter walked up to us. "Good evening ma'am. Good evening sir. What can I get you both to eat?" he asked, pulling out his notepad and a pen.

After we told him our orders, he gathered our menus and walked away after telling us he will return with our food shortly.

"How is Reyna?" Savannah smirked. She folded her gloved hands under her chin and rested her head on them.

Savannah loved women just as much as she loved men. It was the only reason I wasn't too quick on getting Savannah to watch over Reyna when I had to deal with Adriano. If she wasn't as loyal as I knew her to be, I wouldn't have even thought about it. However, she was my best.

I could see it in her icy gaze that there was nothing more she wanted than Reyna. The smirk didn't exactly help her case.

"She's mine, you know this," I told her, leaning back in my chair.

Savannah hummed. "I've never seen you so possessive over a girl before."

"Tell me about what's happening with Dante and Tino," I demanded. She grabbed her wine glass again and brought it up to her lips where she kept tilting the glass back until it was empty.