43

S A I N T

I fixed my tie all while watching Little Red sleep

I fixed my tie all while watching Little Red sleep. I had to wake her up in a moment, there was a lot she had to do today. However, I wanted to enjoy her in her most peaceful state. Her lips were slightly parted and her brown hair was sprawled all over the pillow she rested her head on.

When I laid her down last night, it was almost as if she didn't want to let me go. I held her for hours and let my mind wander. If time could go back, I wondered if I could've met her when I was just a young boy. She would've loved the boy I was, and I was sure I would've loved the girl she was. Before demons attached themselves to my shoulders and compelled my every action, and before loneliness coerced hers.

She was the girl my mother told me about. The girl that I would one day feel everything for. As I held her in my arms, her heart against my heart, there was no denying that I would do anything for her.

We were two broken pieces that could easily form together to create one. She was my angel when I couldn't see that I needed one. I could only hope she would one day see me as her saint.

I grabbed her glasses from my desk.

"Angel," I said, walking over to her. She groaned in her sleep, turning over to face away from me.

"We don't have all day... get up," I demanded.

She turned back to face me, her eyes slowly peeling back to gaze at me. She had to blink away her sleepiness a few times before simply gazing at me.

"Hi," she whispered.

I chuckled. "Hi, baby."

Her cheeks tinted a rosy color as she continued to stare at me. Her dark brown eyes were taking me in as if she didn't know if she was dreaming or awake.

I unfolded her glasses and slid them onto her face.

"I have to go to the meeting I told you about. I left you instructions on your computer. If you want to do this right, I need you to get started on it immediately. Can you do that for me?" I asked.

I watched her sit up on the bed, resting her back against the headboard. She pushed her glasses further up her nose before slowly nodding her head.

"Good girl," I said, grasping her by the chin. She didn't protest as I brought her lips to mine. When she began to reach for me, I had to pull away. Otherwise, I wasn't sure I would ever make it to the meeting. She was tempting, and there was nothing more that I wanted than to please her.

"Leo is here. He'll watch over you while I'm away," I informed her. There was a burner phone in my pocket, it was the same one she had before, I kept it just for her. I grabbed it and handed it over to her. "To do this, I'm going to need you to trust me, Angel."

"Okay," she confirmed.

"I'll see you very shortly." I smirked.

My plan would work. As long as she was willing to follow everything I wrote out for her. It would be scary, and she would have to do some things she wouldn't like, but it had to be done.