Two

A buzzing sound echoed in my bedroom for me to realise that it was my 7am alarm going off, meaning that I had to get up and get ready for work. So I got out of bed, had a nice hot shower, put some jeans, a long sleeve grey top and some boots on, along with some light make up and I finally tie my hair up into a high pony tail, before making my way into the kitchen, making myself a nice strong coffee, to keep me awake and made myself some toast. 

After having some breakfast, I grab my badge and then put my gun in my holster and then pick up my bag and keys and head off to work. I live about 15 minutes from the district but it can take longer if there is so much traffic, but luckily there isn't much traffic on this fine Monday morning.

As I'm arriving at the district I head to the parking lot and park my SUV in my usual spot, and yes I arrived before the rest of the team. When I'm walking into the district, I always go and see Trudy, well she prefers me more than my brother. Now that something I understand.

"Morning Trudy, any paper work you need me to do before the other get in" I said. "Good morning Beth, the paper work is already on you desk" Trudy replied. I smiled at her and then buzzed myself in and headed upstairs, to the peace and quiet of the bullpen and it was only 08:15. No one is going to be here till 09:00.  I quickly went to the locker room, put my bag in there and then headed back to my desk, switched my radio on, just in case and then started the paper work.

Paperwork didn't take long to do, because I was in the zone and had nothing to distract me, until the radio went off:

This is officer Roman, shots have been fired at police and an officer is down, I repeat officer down, I need back up and ambo to my location on S Canal Street near the wholefoods market

My eyes went wide because I knew Kim was on patrol with him this morning

50-21 Juliette, this is Detective Bethany Halstead from intelligence, I am responding to the call that was put out by Officer Roman. I will notify Sergeant Hank Voight en route to the scene. 

I grabbed my car keys, sprinted to the locker room, grab my bulletproof vest and ran to the car and put the light and sirens on and I called Voight. 

Voight: Voight

Beth: Segre, Officer Roman put a call out over the radio to a shooting on S Canal Street near the wholefoods market mentioning an officer down. I know Kim is on patrol with Roman this morning. I'm literally 3 minutes out from the scene.

Voight: You get to the scene I'll get everyone to meet you there. 

With that Hank hangs up, just as I arrive on the scene. I do a quick scout of the area before coming across the scene, where I see Kim on the floor, with Roman holding pressure on the wound. I went on the radio and said 

50-21 Juilette, plain clothes officer on scene 

"Oh my god, Kim are you alright" I said with some panic in my voice. "It hurts Beth, my stomach hurts" Kim says as shes gasping for breath. "Roman, what as the ETA on the Ambo when you put the call out?" I asked the male officer. "They said it was 25 minutes and that was 35 minutes ago" Roman said. 

"50-21 Juilette to dispatch" 

Go a head 50-21 Juliette

"Can I have an ETA on the Ambo that is being sent to S. Canal Street"

ETA 20 minutes

"I don't have 20 minutes, this officer is bleeding out and she wont make it, which ambo has been dispatched"