Nine

Four months have passed since I was shot and I have FINALLY been cleared for field duty again. Thank fuck for that. Desk duty has been driving me crazy over the last couple of months. Jay kept laughing at me for being on desk duty, which led to sibling based work domestics and shouting matches across the bullpen. All initiated by my asshole of a brother known as JAY HALSTEAD. But that led to a pissed off Voight and having a pissed off Voight on duty is NOT GOOD. But things have changed around the unit since I've been off as well, Antonio has left the unit, which is sad because it won't be the same anymore but Kim has been offered the space in Intelligence as a permanent member of the team. 

My relationship with Gallo is going from strength to strength. I have sold my apartment and moved in with him. It saves us from going between the two apartments and it is super nice to wake up to someone so handsome every morning. 

Today is my first day back on official field duty and it is also my 24th Birthday. I don't really celebrate my birthday anymore. Not since mom passed away when I was 7. If people try and get me to celebrate it, I am going to hit the roof and possible start an argument. Will, Jay, Gallo, Adam, Antonio, Gabby, Trudy and Voight know I don't celebrate my birthday. Even my own father knows. I haven't for the past 17 years and that's never going to change. I'll happily celebrate other peoples birthdays but just not my own. 

I arrive at the district, buzz myself up to the bullpen, I see no paperwork on my desk and that it is separated between Adam and Jay. But I notice a ballon by my desk and a birthday cake and a card on my desk, that's when the smile dropped off of my face. So I turned to everyone in the bullpen.

"Who put this stuff here?" I asked everyone. "It was there when we got here this morning. Don't you like it" Kim said. "The one day a year I hate the most is my birthday. It's the one day a year I used to always spend with my mom but she died the day after my seventh birthday, so everyone please help yourself to the cake because I won't be having any of it" I said as I carried the cake to the breakroom and placing it on the counter. 

I sat down at my desk and opened the card that came with the cake. The card read:

Dear my little Bethany, t

I wanted to wish you a Happy 24th Birthday my sweet. Enjoy your day. I made the cake myself but feel free to share it with the other and I'll see you later when your knocked out from what I've added to the icing and then you'll be mine again and not that poxy firefighter you have been seeing. 

Love you lots 

R.Wilson

p.s It was me that shot you 4 months ago 

My blood ran cold and everyone looked at me as I bolted to the break room to bin the cake. Jay could see my face draining of colour and that I'm about to have panic attack and runs over to me as my legs literally give out under me. The rest of the unit look over at me with concern. 

"Beth, you alright? Talk to me Beth, tell me what's going on?" Jay asks with worry. "I know who shot me four months ago" I replied. Just then Voight walks over to me and Jay. "Who shot you, Beth?" Voight asked. "My ex-boyfriend Reece Wilson, the same one who broke into my apartment. He's poisoned the cake. He wanted to drug me so that I would get back with him." I said as my voice was about to break. 

I was sat on the floor outside the breakroom with my brothers' arms around me for comfort to make sure that I was okay. Then I heard the buzzer for the gates that lead up to the intelligence unit, to see Trudy at the top of the stairs. "Beth there is someone downstairs to see you," Trudy said. "Let them know I'll be down in a few minutes" I replied and she nodded and headed back downstairs. I went to the locker room, grabbed my vest as a precaution and put my gun in the holder, which was around my right leg.