Six

It's the middle of the night and I was lying awake in my hospital bed. I hate hospitals, I know Will is in the ED tonight and as it is a Friday night, the department is going to be extremely busy. So my plan is to discharge myself from the hospital without Will spotting me. I just don't want to be sat in a bed, bored out of my fucking brains. 

As I still had my IV lines still in my arm, along with my heart monitor, I carefully leaned down the side of the bed and unplugged both of the sockets and then sat up in bed to carefully pull the IV line out of my arm before I remove the sticky dots that are on my chest to monitor my heart. Once all that was done, I grabbed my hoodie, leather jacket and sunglasses and put them on, before grabbing my cell phone, wallet, badge and gun. 

I leaned my head out of the door to make sure the coast was clear before making my way down the stairs and walking through the busy ED, to head back to my apartment. I know both of my brothers are going to be pissed that I walked out of the hospital without properly being discharged. I can't really call Gallo because he is on shift and is probably asleep. 

Will's Pov

Earlier in the evening, the ED was super busy and I didn't have much of a chance to go and do my rounds around the hospital. My first port of call is to go and check on Beth to see how she's doing. Once I get to her room, I open the door and pop my head around the door and notice that she isn't in bed. "Beth, you in the bathroom" I shouted. I didn't get a replied but then I noticed the heart monitor and the IV machine had been unplugged from the socket. Damn it, she's discharged herself. Damn it, Beth. My mind is going a million miles an hour and thinking where could she possibly be at this time of night. My best bet is to call Jay. Within a couple of rings, he picks up. 

Jay: Will it's 2 in the morning why are you calling me?

Will: Beth has discharged herself from the hospital. All her belongings are gone

Jay: WHAT! Why would she do that?

Will: I have not got a clue. Have you got any idea where she might be?

Jay: I haven't got a clue, Will. Let me ring Hank and let him know the situation and I'll keep you updated 

Will: Alright bro

I hang up the phone and head back down to the ED and walk up to the nurse station to o some paperwork and then Nat approaches me. "Will, you alight?" she asked me. "Not really. My sister Beth was brought in earlier as she was assaulted but I'd say around 30 minutes ago, she discharged herself and walked out. I've rung Jay and he's going to speak to Voight about it" I replied whilst running my hands through my hair. 

Jay's Pov 

I've just gotten off the phone with Will, to be told that Beth has discharged herself from the hospital. Why would she do that? I know she doesn't like hospitals, but she is not stupid enough to just walk out without being told she can by a doctor. I grab my phone and call Voight because I have a feeling he'll know what to do.

Voight: Jay, why on gods earth are you calling me at 2 in the morning?

Jay: Sorry Serge but I've just gotten a call from Will saying that Beth has discharged herself from Med and I've not got a clue where she could be

Voight; Give men 20 minutes, while I'll call the rest of the team and we'll start a search

Jay: Thanks Segre

Voight ends the call and I got dressed, headed to the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of water out of the fridge, then leaned against the counter waiting for Voight to call me back.

Shay's Pov

Just arriving back at the firehouse after a call out, which turned out to be a hoax, I see a figure walking past the house, which very much looks like Beth. So I turn to Gabby.

"Gabs, you see that person walking past," I said. "Yeah I see them" she replied. "Doesn't that look like Beth or am I just seeing things?" I said to Gabby. "Yeah, it is. She should be in Med, she obviously discharged herself" Gabby responded. We both got out of the ambulance and ran towards Beth to make sure she was alright. 

"BETH" Gabby yelled. Beth turned around and started walking towards us. "What are you doing out the hospital, you should still be there," I told her. "I was bored and didn't want to be there anymore, plus I didn't want to be restricted to a small room for much longer" Beth responded. "Let's get you inside and we'll get you a drink," Gabby said. She nodded in response and both me and Gabby grab her arms and head walk into the main room of the firehouse. 

Beth's Pov

"Look who we found outside walking about at this hour," Shay said as she and Gabby walked me into the main room. I lifted my head and saw Gallo looking at me and a couple of seconds later, he leapt out of his chair and pulled me into a big bear hug. 

"What are you doing here? You should be in hospital being monitored" Gallo said to me. "I couldn't bear being in that small hospital room any longer, it was doing me head in, so I walked out" I replied. Gallo was about to speak but my phone rang and I saw Adam' name on the caller ID, thank god it's not Jay's, Will's or Voight's because I would have been ripped to shreds about the matter.

Beth: Hello?

Adam: Beth, where the hell are you? I just had a call off of Voight saying you discharged yourself from Med.

Beth: I discharged myself because I didn't want to be sat in a bed being monitored anymore and plus I was bored out of my brains sitting there doing bugger all

Adam: I'm going to ask you again best friend, where are you?

Beth: I'm at 51 and please don't tell Jay

The phone line went dead and I instantly knew that Adam was going to call Jay and that Jay is going to come down to the firehouse and pick me up. I wrapped my arms around Gallo and he does the same to me and leans his chin on the top of my head. 

20 minutes later, Jay and Voight turn up at the firehouse and they do not look happy. Jay told me that we will talk about the matter in the morning and Voight told me that just because I've discharged myself, he's putting me on desk duty for the next 6 weeks. Oh, joyous fun. Yeah, I've only got myself to blame for that one. Haven't I!