part 6 (Anirudh's past)

Part 6:-

Saudamini woke up from her sleep and sat up in bed, clutching the sheets to her chest. She turned to her side and saw her love of life, Anirudh, sleeping peacefully. The sight of him filled her with a sense of completeness, making her realize that she had no regrets in life. Being with him made her feel secure, as if she had found her perfect match. She longed to be with him always, like his shadow.

Her peaceful moment was interrupted by some sounds from outside, causing panic to rise within her.
Saudamini: "Anirudh, wake up! Please, someone's out there."

Anirudh stirred awake, concern in his eyes.
Anirudh: "What's wrong, Mini?
Saudamini: someone saw us here..."

Saudamini looked at him with hope in her eyes, and Anirudh reassured her.
Anirudh: "We love each other. I will speak to your father this week."

Saudamini felt a wave of relief. As Anirudh placed a gentle kiss on her forehead, she snuggled into his arms.
Saudamini: "Every morning, I want to wake up with you. When will we be able to tell everyone about our love, Anirudh? I can't bear the thought of being away from you."

Anirudh kissed her forehead lovingly.
Anirudh: "No one can separate us, Saudamini. I belong only to you, forever."

Saudamini, overwhelmed with emotion, expressed her fears.
Saudamini: "Sometimes, this all feels like a dream. I fear that it will all vanish when I open my eyes."

Anirudh gazed at her reassuringly.
Anirudh: "Open your eyes, Saudamini. Our love is real. I will always be by your side, only yours. I love you more than anything, more than my own life."

Saudamini, comforted by his words, leaned closer to him, cherishing the moment of love and reassurance shared between them.

At pond,
All the girls were bathing, but Saudamini was sitting in the water, smiling to herself. Her friends noticed this unusual behavior.

One: "What's happened to you? Why is your face all red?"

Two: "Even her body has turned red... and look at those marks."

Mini: "Mosquitoes... there are so many mosquitoes around nowadays." She tried to move, but found it difficult as her abdomen began to ache.

Feeling shy, Saudamini remembered the reason behind the redness on her body and smiled naughtily.

Saudamini: "Wild..."

She giggled as her friends continued teasing her and promised to finish her bath soon. After bathing, Saudamini made her way outside and started descending the stairs. Suddenly, she felt someone grab her hand. Turning around, she saw Rakesh, the landlord's son.

Saudamini: "Zamindar Babu, do you need something?"

She tried to free her hand, feeling scared as Rakesh held on tightly.

Rakesh: "Why are you running away? Am I not more handsome than that poor Anirudh?"

Saudamini, now feeling uncomfortable, tried to pull away.

Rakesh: "What did he have that made you let him have you all night long and scream his name this morning? What if I tell the entire village that you gave yourself to a man before marriage?"

Feeling shocked and disgusted by his words, Saudamini pushed Rakesh away and ran back to her house, locking herself inside.

Saudamini: "Anirudh, where are you? I need you... I'm scared... please come back soon."

As she waited anxiously, Saudamini remembered her conversation with Anirudh before he left for work on the landlord's orders. The worry she felt at seeing him go weighed heavily on her mind.